Warging dragon? Is it even possible?

I've been seeing many theories regarding dragon wargin lately.

What if its not possible to warg one, since they are described as fire made flesh and if someone attempts it they will die in the dragons body.

We must also keep in mind dragons are magical creatures, so they might not be able to be warged like ordinary beasts.

Also warging a dragon could be fools task as you will get killed in your comatose state, during a war and get stuck as a dragon for life.

I think this might be how one of the wargs will die, in ASOIAF they will attempt it and die, the POV chapter will be called Dragon warger just like Quentyn's chapter dragontamer then the person will end up dying, seems fitting like GRRM ;)

I'd say it's almost impossible. It took Bran ages to learn how to control Summer, and he still can't be sure what might happen when he wargs into Hodor. I assume warging into a creature as huge as a dragon will be a challenge even to a master warg. But yes, I do believe it might be possible, given the warg has enough training and experience with the whole process.

I absolutely believe that Dragons can be warged. The Varamyr Six Skins POV chapter convinced me. I believe it would take a very special and powerful warg to pull it off. Also IIRC that no Targ dragon could be ridden by another Targ. Only one Targ at a time per dragon. Could that signify Warging? There is some evidence that Dany wargs with Drogon - though it is circumstantial.

I absolutely believe that Dragons can be warged. The Varamyr Six Skins POV chapter convinced me. I believe it would take a very special and powerful warg to pull it off. Also IIRC that no Targ dragon could be ridden by another Targ. Only one Targ at a time per dragon. Could that signify Warging? There is some evidence that Dany wargs with Drogon - though it is circumstantial.

I don't believe targs rode dragons whiles warging, how would they see what is going on?

Also IMO I think dragons are to magical to be warged, fire made flesh, maybe the attempt is possible but when you enter the dragons body you will die.

Also warging a dragon could be fools task as you will get killed in your comatose state, during a war and get stuck as a dragon for life.

I think this might be how one of the wargs will die, in ASOIAF they will attempt it and die, the POV chapter will be called Dragon warger just like Quentyn's chapter dragontamer then the person will end up dying, seems fitting like GRRM ;)

you know that it could be remote, right ? (like arya and bran and jon) they all did it remotely from long distances

Both bran and jon warged their wolves. They do not control the wolves 24/7 - but it does allow them and others to be in proximity to the wolves and not have them attack. It also allows them to control the wolves without "being in their skin" at the time. I put to you that warging a dragon does not necessarily mean that you are looking through its eyes 24/7. I believe it means that it would allow you to ride and control a dragon to a degree.

Yes Dragons are magical. Why does that matter? I believe size has Zero to do with anything. Varamyr was able to control the polar bear (which are HUGE) with no difference mentioned between it and any of the other animals in terms of difficulty. IIRC the bear also wanted to kill him the whole time and he still controlled it.

you know that it could be remote, right ? (like arya and bran and jon) they all did it remotely from long distances

Dragons are fire made flesh even dany felt how hot drogon is, I wonder what would happen to anyone that tries to warg a dragon?

Both bran and jon warged their wolves. They do not control the wolves 24/7 - but it does allow them and others to be in proximity to the wolves and not have them attack. It also allows them to control the wolves without "being in their skin" at the time. I put to you that warging a dragon does not necessarily mean that you are looking through its eyes 24/7. I believe it means that it would allow you to tide and control a dragon to a degree.

Yes Dragons are magical. Why does that matter? I believe size has Zero to do with anything. Varamyr was able to control the polar bear (which are HUGE) with no difference mentioned between it and any of the other animals in terms of difficulty. IIRC the bear also wanted to kill him the whole time and he still controlled it.

It matters because dragon brought back magic to the world so they are not like a polar bear or a wolf.

I remember watching an interview with GRRM on YouTube, the google one I think, something like a conversation with authors; and when asked if dragons could be warged, he replied, we'll see. So I think it might be possible.

Also there's that theory that the Valyrians didn't try to conquer Westeros because they feared the First Men would skinchange into their dragons.

Dragons did not exclusively bring magic back int the world. I would say they brought back fire magic. The warging ability of the starks, Varamyr, Hagon, and numerous others exists without dragons. The three-eyed crow (BloodRaven) has been practicing magic for decades with no dragons around. Their is clearly evidence of magic before the return of dragons.

All the examples of dragons bringing back magic to the world relate to fire magic and the powers of the red priests - who, coincidently, seem to use fire alot.

I think Dragons can be warged. While it says they are "fire made flesh" they are still just another creature. Valyrians apparently used horns to control them through magic. Warging is another type of magic, so I don't see why it cant work.

It matters because dragon brought back magic to the world so they are not like a polar bear or a wolf.

How does that explain the Others reappearing, or MMD's magic, which happened before the birth of the dragons?

True definition is : Skinchange not warg. Warging is for Wolves and Direwolves.

Dragons are magic. It can be related but, imo only a skinchanger who is master on this power can do this, even for that, it can be risky with possibility of burning, Dragons should have very high body temperature.

For targaryens and valyrians they are using special blood magic, they are not skinchangers so i'm wondering about what happen a master skinchanger try to enter a dragon.

I remember watching an interview with GRRM on YouTube, the google one I think, something like a conversation with authors; and when asked if dragons could be warged, he replied, we'll see. So I think it might be possible.

Also there's that theory that the Valyrians didn't try to conquer Westeros because they feared the First Men would skinchange into their dragons.

WHile I think Dragons can be warged - the "Also there's that theory that the Valyrians didn't try to conquer Westeros because they feared the First Men would skinchange into their dragons" part doesnt make sense. Remember Queenscrown and the fort at the wall called Queensgate? The king and queen at the time traveled north with 6 dragons and their court. They clearly did not fear their dragons getting warged.

Dragons are fire made flesh even dany felt how hot drogon is, I wonder what would happen to anyone that tries to warg a dragon?

it's mental you become the dragon in your mind,why would it affect your body ? worst case scenario is what happened with sixskins and even that is good in a battle as it will down the dragon and possibly kill it

I think Dragons can be warged. While it says they are "fire made flesh" they are still just another creature. Valyrians apparently used horns to control them through magic. Warging is another type of magic, so I don't see why it cant work.

How does that explain the Others reappearing, or MMD's magic, which happened before the birth of the dragons?

Where's the boy string? Huh? Wheres the boy? Where's Wallace String? Thats all I want to know. Where's Wallace?

That theory is a good one. It makes sense.

I also think Drangons can be warged, but they need to be warged by an expert skinchanger. Bran couldn't do it by now.

Archived