Favourite original line?

Dragonstoned

Another piece of dialogue I absolutely adore is the conversation between Sansa and Loras, talking about their planned wedding. Sansa's giddiness and Loras' awkward avoidance are hilarious, but what really makes that scene shine is when they can finally agree on one thing at least: King's Landing is the worst place in the world. They both convey so much pain and sadness in that one short moment, it's heartbreaking.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." I've started using it on the General board whenever someone is spouting off some insanely optimistic theory...even though Sam says in AFFC "There are no happy endings."

How is it no one mentioned Roose Bolton at Harrenhaul playing on Jamie's ignorance of the outcome of the Battle of Blackwater Bay?

"And your sister...how can I put this? Your sister....................is alive and well. Your father's forces prevailed."

Roose's crack to Jaime about having learned not to overplay his (long pause) position was also great.

Loved Burn Gorman's "You are a bastard" line in 3x04. Flawless line delivery.

It's hard to point to one specific line, but there was a lot of non-book Tyrion/Cersei stuff and Arya/Sandor stuff that was gold. ("Where did you get the knife?" "From you.") And precious baby Shireen with Davos! "I wouldn't know where to start." "At the beginning!" and "To all the lords and knobblemen of Westeros" "Noblemen."

So many it's hard to choose, I think one of the better scenes recently was before the red wedding when the Hound knocks out the merchant with the broken wagon and is about to kill him, Arya telling him she knows a real killer that would kill the Hound with his little finger and he replies "That him?" and is about to preceed with business when she says no :laugh:

So much to be sad about in this series so moments like that are very refreshing.

Sansa: So you’ll be outside the gates fighting in the vanguard?

Joffrey: A king doesn’t discuss battle plans with stupid girls!

Sansa: I’m sorry, Your Grace, you’re right, I’m stupid. Of course you’ll be in the vanguard. They say my brother Robb always goes where the fighting is thickest and he’s only a pretender.

Smart girl. :lol:

I also loved Asha's little speech to Theon ending with "Don't die so far from the sea."

Oh, and also Theon righteously bitching out his father:

Balon: "We Do Not Sow". We are Ironborn. We're not subjects, we're not slaves. We do not plow the fields or toil in the mines. We take what is ours. Your time with the wolves has made you weak.

Theon: You act as if I volunteered to go. You gave me away if you remember. The day you bent the knee to Robert Baratheon. After he crushed you. Did you take what was yours then?[balon slaps Theon] You gave me away! Your boy! Your last boy! You gave me away like I was some dog you didn't want anymore. And now you curse me because I've come home.

...Not surprisingly written by Bryan Cogman.

Archived