A moment of silence to remember that one dead unimportant character that could have been great...

Small Paul (yes, part of a conspiracy to murder Jeor Mormont, but as not being bright enough to know what was up, i won't hold it against him.)

Waymar Royce : Could have been a better LC than Jon Snow or at least a really useful ally. "Watch out Jon! Behind You!!"

Dacey Mormont

Jory Cassel

Lady definitely counts

Cleos Frey : the best of the Freys, largely because he was half Lannister...

donal noye and jaremmy rykker also are in line.

Donal Noye - great pick - but he gets a fair amount of mention as the man who made Robert's warhammer and thereby contributed to the death of our beloved Rhaegar T.

. . . let's see . . .

Myranda Royce would be my pick. She's not dead yet, so it is to be hoped she'll reappear in some capacity. If the name doesn't ring a bell, look in AFFC, pp 883-6. She must be GRRM's ode to Dorothy Parker.

And there's Kojja Mo who steps in and helps Gilly and Sam through a rough patch.

ETA: oops. I see I have screwed up and missed the "dead" part. I respectfully withdraw my two nominees, beg forgiveness of the committee and cast my ballot for Dacey Mormont who has previously been mentioned by several posters.

Archived