You are the King. Who are your Kingsguard?

mosesxtwist

• 2 months later...

Assuming they have to be knights (or knight material in the case of Sandor and Brienne), this would be my Kingsguard:

- Barristan Selmy, Lord Commander - One of the best knights ever in Westeros when he was young, second only to Arthur Dayne. Still one of the best even at 70.

- Jaime Lannister - Best swordsman in Westeros right now, one of the best of all time (although not as good as a young Selmy or Arthur Dayne).

- Sandor Clegane - Obedient, one of the deadliest fighters in Westeros. Huge but also skillful and quick.

- Brienne of Tarth - Honourable, loyal and true to her word, excellent fighter.

- Garlan Tyrell - One of the best swordsmen in Westeros, seems like a good man

- Beric Dondarrion - Strong fighter, compassionate towards smallfolk and an honourable man.

- Brynden Tully - Experienced war veteran, intelligent and a capable warrior.

All of them are good honest people who would take their vows seriously and are capable of leading armies and protecting the King. I wouldn't rule Jaime and the Hound out based on their previous actions because they are both trying to redeem themselves and Jaime is a much different person by the end of ADwD, than he was in AGoT. They're both still worthy enough for the Kingsguard in my opinion.

Honourable mentions:

Addam Marbrand, Strongboar Crakehall, Lyn Corbray, Guyard Morrigen, Balon Swann.

Assuming a have become Queen,

picking from those who are alive (or may be alive), unmarried and not member of the Night`s Watch at the end of A Dance with Dragons, I would choose:

Ser Barristan Selmy, Lord Commander

Ser Brynden Tully (if he accepts)

Ser Loras Tyrell (better get the Tyrells on my side, and he is an outstanding fighter too)

Ser Gendry Baratheon (I legitimated him after he swore his oath; he still needs some training but is brave as a knight should be)

Ser Brienne of Tarth (I gave her the title to show I am for gender equality and because she deserves it)

Ser Podrick Payne (absolutley loyal and already deadly in battle, after some training with Loras, Brynden and/or Barristan he wil be capable enough)

Sandor Clegane (I really don`t want to have him against me, I like that he is outspoken, and I think he will be loyal as long as I remember not to confront him with fire)

But before we let any of them swear his/her oath, my husband King Jon Targaryen-Stark will let his direwolf sniff if they are trustable.

I would pick one from each of the seven kingdoms (not including the Iron islands):

1. Jorah Mormont from the North

2. Blackfish Tully from the Riverlands

3. Bronze Yohn Royce from the Vale

4. Stannis or Renly Baratheon from the Stormlands

5. Lyle Crakehal known as Strongboar from the Westerlands

6. Loras Tyrell from the Reach

7. Oberyn Martell from Dorne.

I would pick one from each of the seven kingdoms (not including the Iron islands):

1. Jorah Mormont from the North

2. Blackfish Tully from the Riverlands

3. Bronze Yohn Royce from the Vale

4. Stannis or Renly Baratheon from the Riverlands

5. Lyle Crakehal known as Strongboar from the Westerlands

6. Loras Tyrell from the Reach

7. Oberyn Martell from Dorne.

Nice concept that, with seven kingdoms.

I'd take Robett Glover for the North and Barristan Selmy for Stormlands. Others are OK.

1) Viserys Targaryen - anyone messing with me he would have waken the dragon.

2) Aerys - Wildfire is a great tool- he could help me burn those who wish to harm me.

3) Joffrey - great with a crossbow.

Dont know about the rest........

This is either a troll list or the most messed up list I've ever seen.

Archived