Dating 4.0 Everyone is crazy. I am Spock.

Lily Valley

LOWER MY STANDARDS :tantrum:

I don't think so. I have lowered my standards already...steady income from a reliable legal source, well-groomed (ie bathes and brushes teeth daily) and intelligent. Some of us just don't do the internet dating thing very well. But hey, electronics have improved over the past 20 years.

:leaving: for AI and Dating thread.

Dan Savage had the founder of okcupid on his podcast today. The advice the guy gave for success on his website: be hotter, live in a bigger city, and lower your standards. Rofl, not very helpful!

Well I did one of these to get my current gf :P

I like OkCupid, & have met some great people. Zoosk, on the other hand, is terrible. I have a pic of myself wearing a crash helmet w my face between a woman's knees. I'm thinking of making it my Zoosk profile pic & under the biographical section write "I'm a trucker looking for a woman EXACTLY like my mother." I think this would PROBABLY result in better matches than what Zoosk suggests. Horrible, horrible site...

I had terrible experiences on OKCupid. Never again. Random weirdos asking me if they can suck my toes and the good-looking guys writing stuff like, "My ex-girlfriends were awesome. All of them were smart as hell, funny, attractive, and taught me a lot. Can you measure up?" Yeah, I think I'd rather go on Craigslist thanks.

This remains my favourite ever exchange on OKC:

"When men show extra courtesy toward women (opening doors, pulling out chairs, etc.), this is:

Sexist and insulting; women are perfectly capable."

Its the way some of us was brought up..its second nature..its programed in and mostly comes from households with a strong mother in charge so how is that sexist..if i see a woman being hassed by a couple of guys in the street i go over but i bet thats sexist too? Is it sexist to stop a rape when i would not stop a couple of woman gropping a guy? And yes women are capable but many like to be looked after..

AHAHAHA this is your idea of an introductory message? Fail. Pro tip: "your answers are wrong and here's why. Also, rape!" is possibly not the best way to start a conversation. Don't contact me again.

Hmm i see you are impossable to talk too..your way or no way..good bye

Yeah. Smoooooooooth moves dude. :smoking:

I especially love that this was his FIRST message, it wasn't even as part of a conversation we were having or anything. I hope he uses that method when approaching people in real life as well as online.

Yeah seriously. But to be honest there are a lot of oddballs on those sites. I went to JDate after OKC (I'm not Jewish, I just like them) and got messages from Jewish women essentially telling me to stop trying to steal their men. :blink: I told them we could share and they lightened up and laughed it off, but it was still a little weird. (but funny)

I went on two nice dates from JDate though, so it's not hopeless.

I especially love that this was his FIRST message, it wasn't even as part of a conversation we were having or anything. I hope he uses that method when approaching people in real life as well as online.

I can only assume that was his idea of a neg. I think that a lot of guys read this stupid pick up artist crap and then put it into practice as "if I mix nonsense with assholery, women will find me irresistible".

Archived