Oops , Got that wrong T.V !

TheBadboy

As great as Michelle Fairley was, the character they got her to play was awful, and its not just a minor change in her character. they took her cleverness and perception and gave them to Robb, they sidelined her so they can give more room to Talk-Back Talisa. Basically they took most of her moments and split them around for other characters. And they made her apologize for mistakes she didn't do.

And dont get me Started on her insufferable scene with Talisa in 302.

Another character is Stannis. I dont have to say much since its already been covered. From begging Mel for sex like a kid who wants candy to gloating that he is the "One true King".

I already clarified that , I meant the characters D&D ruined ....

The looks dont matter much in my opinion

In that cace (don't know everything since I never had any motivation to watch season 2): Arya (her killing that boy looked like an accident in the tv show), Cersei (they made her look sympathetic), Shae (only heard about it, but it appears they really changed that a lot) and Tywin (they made him look like an idiot with changing Robb's tactic at the end of agot/season 1).

I dont understand why they chose to have Robbs wife killed in the Red Wedding-scene? In the novel she is not present at the wedding, and survives Robb. I hope RR Martin doesnt have other plans for her...

My sense is that was done to hype the scene.

I would be curious if Oona Chaplin knew all along?

(If she knew by episode 8, say, that she was in the wedding party... well I think all the cast knew for a long time what the RW would be... then Oona would have guessed.)

But then they offed Roxanne McKee and Amrita Acharia 2nd season and did not tell them until just before those scenes were shot, as I remember , a move kind that of miffed McKee.

Recently , can't remember were, besides mentioning for about the 10th time characters (admittedly secondary) who are still alive in the books , Dany's handmaidens and blood riders for instance, he made a point to mention Jeyne Westerling* as being around and a character he had a story for in the future.

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when GRRM and Dave and Dan were discussing that change before season 2.

My sense is that George put his foot down that they change Jeyne's name and her place of origin when he found out what Talisa's fate would be.

It's gonna be strange if Jeyne turns up as a major character in say book 7. If he has plans to kill her off , it's a wash, if not well ... strange.

It is odd that way before season 2 when Oona Chaplin was cast both us (the viewers)and even her were told she would be Westerling, then all changed when season 2 was being written.

I think Emilia being nominated is a huge mistake, i personally believe that Michele Fairley deserves the Emmy for her phenomenal performance during the Red Wedding.

+1

I love Fairley as Cat. I didn't think I would at first but I think she's perfect. And she looked right next to Ned.

Jack Gleeson took on Joff and owned it. Truly. He deserves an award.

Harrington is not my favorite and sadly I wasn't overly impressed with Olenna. Hopefully she really gets it next season.

I think Stephen Dillane plays a crackin' Stannis.

I agree, he should grow a beard though Dillane's got a solid beard too I've seen pictures there is no excuse for this :tantrum:

My own nominee would be The Mountain 2 terrible choise I didn't even realize he was supposed to be the intimidating Ser Gregor until someone told me that aspargus was him :dunno: not very fond of Asha/Yara either but that is more my own bias view of the actress not being sexy enough rather than her acting.

Overall I'd say the amount of exellent actors and performances on this show is nothing short of impressive.

Archived