Oops , Got that wrong T.V !

TheBadboy

Any complaints you have for how Rory McCann plays The Hound has to be down to script and/or directing, just look at his audition he shows exactly that type of hatred you're talking about, I think he's pretty much perfect for the part they just haven't taken advantage of it in my opinion.

I don't really have a problem with his performance. A guy in his 40s can't really have the same energy a guy in his 20s would have. I have said it before: Rory McCann would have been a great Jorah Mormont.

Mark Addy was shit as Robert.

At no point. Not even for one second did it seem like Robert had been a legendary warrior and commander. Rhaegar would have kicked that Bob's arse big time.

As Morienthar said, he is supposed to look like that, you're not meant to believe that this Robert is the demon of the Trident, or the man whom every maid wanted to marry.

Moreover, he was not 'shit as Robert' given that looks are only half the character. His acting performance was superb, imbuing a tragic nature in Robert that was oft times lacking in the book. See the scene of him and Cersei discussing Lyanna, he switches from comedy to powerful, and then a heartbroken man seamlessly. Credit to Addy and the writers for making Robert one of the standout characters of Season 1 I say.

Any complaints you have for how Rory McCann plays The Hound has to be down to script and/or directing, just look at his audition he shows exactly that type of hatred you're talking about, I think he's pretty much perfect for the part they just haven't taken advantage of it in my opinion.

Yeaaah, for some reason they really toned down the Hound and made him more of a stoic creeper, and gave his lines to Aidan Gillen.

I don't really have a problem with his performance. A guy in his 40s can't really have the same energy a guy in his 20s would have. I have said it before: Rory McCann would have been a great Jorah Mormont.

He would have been a damn good Jorah actually, I never thought of that before when I read the books however I picture a young John Rhys Davies as Jorah,

http://media.theiapo...?cdn=1377729773

many other other characters I now see the actors from the tv series when i read but for Jorah i still picture John :) getting sidtracked now but I have another one lol Wyman Manderly looks exactly like Bombur from the Hobbit movie in my head

http://news.mymiddle...bur-300x225.jpg

About that audition though don't you agree that Rory shows the exact type of ferocity the Hound should have, there's just never really been anything like that in his scenes.

• 4 months later...

so basically, D&D screwed everyone outside King's Landing because of popularity Tyrion, Cersei and Tywin? Fucking hell man. Hey, I like Davos, Robb, Cateyln, Jon, Sam and all that, but their not as present as I would like except Sam, who got more screen time. like Tyrion, but they made him to much of a good person not like the amoral person he is in the books.

Cersei I am fine with.

Tywin, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Rickon are characters and actors I greatly enjoy watching. My only complaint with:

1. Tywin - doesn't look like character, but his acting makes up for that ten fold

2. Bran and Rickon - NOT ENOUGH SCREENTIME. Also, I wish they looked like their characters, red-brown hair and all. don't care about eye color

Hate would be such a weak word for what I feel about Shae. I think I just loathe the actresses' ability to play the character. And why the fuck is she part of the main cast and the woman who plays Brienne is not? she's one of my favorite characters.

Hate would be such a weak word for what I feel about Shae. I think I just loathe the actresses' ability to play the character. And why the fuck is she part of the main cast and the woman who plays Brienne is not? she's one of my favorite characters.

Good question. Cannot stand Shae the heart of gold whore at all. And Gwendoline Christie is so exceptionally good as Brienne.

thats sad, because I think everyone who watched Rome know how much good of an actor that guy is. They barely - only two episodes - used Mance.

Yeah in general when there's something wrong with a character it's remarkable how rarely it seems that the main problem is coming from the actor. He's a great actor just horribly miscast and the writers stripped away everything interesting about the character. You can go down the list.

-Jon Snow: yeah not the best actor, but the writing in season 2 undercut him badly and he really improved once the writing for him got better in the second half of season 3.

-Littlefinger: the whole way he's presented in the show clashes badly with my (and apparently Martin's) mental image of him. Still the actor does a decent job of being Iago, it's just that Littlefinger shouldn't act like Iago.

-Stannis: I'm not one of the Stannis fan club by any means but the actor's great, the only problems come up with him being asked to do things that don't fit with Stannis.

Only real exception I can think of is Illyrio who was just terrible (well arguably Danny, but then the bad Danny stuff in season 2 was as much the fault of the writers making up a goofball plotline as the actress not being able to pull of the right demeanor, makes me miss Viserys' actor, he nailed his role so beautifully), but he apparently was a last-minute change as the (apparently much better) Illyrio from the pilot couldn't make it. I've just been blown away time and time and time again by the quality of acting on the show, while the writers certainly seem to have their moments there's a lot of bits that just leave me confused as to what they're trying to accomplish and are often saved by the cast.

I hate the way they're showing Stannis . I love book's Stannis but TV's Stannis sucks(not the actor , the writing) . They've shown all of his bad sides and non of his good aspects . On the other hand they've made a complete angel out of Daenerys which I don't like it at all .

So as a result , most of TV viewers , LOVE Daenerys and hate Stannis . As a matter of fact I remember seeing a poll consisted of thousands of people and more than 50% had voted for Daenerys and less that 20% liked Stannis .

Making minor characters look better/worse than in the books isn't that much of a problem , but turning Stannis who is one of the most beloved characters of all into this devil is a really big deal .

P.S : I guess you can tell from my post that I'm a Stannis' fan and don't like Daenerys at all .(I don't hate her , but like her ? NO WAY :D)

...On the other hand they've made a complete angel out of Daenerys which I don't like it at all .

C'mon, angels don't wall people up to die and burn people alive (unless you count Supernatural's angels!). Them's nasty ways to go. And not a case of self-defensive.

As it stands, Dany is being shown mostly as 'force for good', but she's certainly not being portrayed as a complete angel.

But what about the final scene from last season? I feel the way this scene was shot was meant to portray her as some sort of hero/saviour type despite that's not what she is really. It's like they are trying to gloss over her mistakes by portraying this way.

Miscast:

Mance Rayder/Ciaran Hinds (Ciaran Hinds is way too old to play Mance)

Gregor Clegane/Ian Whyte (Ian Whyte just doesn't look like the mountain other than his height)

Miswritten:

Mance Rayder (Way too serious)

Tormund Giantsbane (Way too serious)

Stannis (Seems like a mindless dictator. Maybe they'll fix it next season with the possible Jon scenes.

Misappearanced:

The new Daario (He doesn't have the hair/beard, but he's dressed in un-coloured rags which is very unlike Daario)

Queen of Thorns (She looks so much like a septa that I mistook her for Septa Mordane in the first S3 trailer)

There are many others, but they don't annoy me.

C'mon, angels don't wall people up to die and burn people alive (unless you count Supernatural's angels!). Them's nasty ways to go. And not a case of self-defensive.

As it stands, Dany is being shown mostly as 'force for good', but she's certainly not being portrayed as a complete angel.

As much as I recall she only burnt that witch and drogo in that fire(and drogo was already dead) and well that wasn't something bad I mean that witch killed her baby ! Also that was in S1 and after that nothing not angelic(!) has happened ever again +this :

But what about the final scene from last season? I feel the way this scene was shot was meant to portray her as some sort of hero/saviour type despite that's not what she is really. It's like they are trying to gloss over her mistakes by portraying this way.

I really hope they show the whole Usurper's Dogs quote .

Don't see how Dany is any more positive/heroic in the show than she was at that point in the books? What bad things did she do that have been left out? She even locks XXD and Doreah up to die which never happened before. More disappointing is the underappreciation of Dany's military mind (another Aegon the Conqueror parallel) as basically the whole victory at Yunkai was down to her instead of Daario. Keeping to the books would actually have saved budget here as all we get in ASoS are Dany's thoughts as the battle is going on, would have been a great time for a talk with Barristan about Rhaegar/Aerys/the usurper's dogs.

Personally I think that Dany's role as a liberator is something that should be scrutinized rather than glorified. The show however did exactly the opposite with the way the last scene was shot and the fact that it was the very last scene of the season were people expect something epic like the birth of the dragons or the white walkers. But I'm sure this has been discussed a lot around here when the episode aired.

Personally I think that Dany's role as a liberator is something that should be scrutinized rather than glorified. The show however did exactly the opposite with the way the last scene was shot and the fact that it was the very last scene of the season were people expect something epic like the birth of the dragons or the white walkers. But I'm sure this has been discussed a lot around here when the episode aired.

It will be scrutinised. You can't expect to see the ramifications of an event before the event itself! For everyone to be cheering at the point of their liberation makes sense as it stands. There's plenty of time to see how things pan out as the story unfolds further.

It will be scrutinised. You can't expect to see the ramifications of an event before the event itself! For everyone to be cheering at the point of their liberation makes sense as it stands. There's plenty of time to see how things pan out as the story unfolds further.

I sure hope you are right! And judging by the books you probably are. As a matter of fact the lack of critical approach to the themes in Dany's story were my biggest issue with asos and the show highlighted that for me. Hopefully this will change on the show as it did in adwd.

Archived