Fantasy Football - Westeros Survivor League

Jaxom 1974

If you need a warm body, I'd play, but while it was fun, I've just accumulated leagues at a bonkers pace all of a sudden. I think I'm in five, with a sixth looming?

• 11 months later...

Any interest in bringing this one back?

For those that don't/couldn't recall, this had a very unique format. Sixteen teams, not head to head - Rotisserie Scoring. At the end of week 2, the team with the lowest total score is eliminated from the league. The commissioner locks down his/her roster and they can no longer make transactions or score points, taking his roster of players out of the game for the rest of the year.

Every week thereafter, the team with the lowest score for that week is eliminated. By week 16, only two teams remain. Probably the most exciting format I've played. You don't have to be good, you just have to NEVER be the worst. The best overall team doesn't always win. One bad week and you are done.

Could not persuade WJ to run it, so I might if there is enough interest. It is a favorite format for me with players I don't know because there is little risk of an owner not being attentive and screwing up the league - non-attentive owners are quickly gone, whereas in head-to-head some teams get an advantage by playing the human bye-week late in the season.

Archived