What happened to Benjen Stark?!

FacelessDude

I've obviously known Benjen is missing, he's been missing since Game of Thrones. It's been irking me more so than ever today. Before I just let it go and never really pondered it. I haven't even pried an inkling or hint from the books on where he is now.

Many people on this forum have said or implied that Benjen Stark is now apart of the Others and their forces. If he's not teaming up with them then where is he?

Live north of the Wall. Not at Winterfell. Bet it as POV in The Winds of Winter or Being Alliser Thorne. Any one north of the Wall is worthy of attention and a chapter, Benjen can bring a lot of information at once, not only over Others. I hope that he is alive. (I think it was he who buried the treasure in the Fist)

I was being facetious but well there ya go though, you know who you think what happened to Ben.

Well what I mean is the meager evidence we have aims towards Benjen being Coldhands, but it also goes against it. Knowing GRRM I think he's setting us up to assume Benjen is Coldhands.

Well what I mean is the meager evidence we have aims towards Benjen being Coldhands, but it also goes against it. Knowing GRRM I think he's setting us up to assume Benjen is Coldhands.

If Benjen was Coldhands I think Bran would have recognised him. Also when the CotF say that he has been dead along time it suggests a lot longer than the three years since Benjen disappeared as they have such long lives.

I hear ya. That's exactly my thoughts and why I dont think CH is Ben. I think Ben's destiny is to restore House Stark. He may be the hooded man at WF

He secretly planned to become the Lord of Winterfell by conspiring to murder Ned and all his children. Jon Snow is actually Benjen's child with Ashara Dayne, who they let Lyanna babysit.... Ned stole the child. Since then Ben has planned and planned.

He was behind the WotFK, including convincing Joff to kill Ned, and convincing Balon to invade the North by sending him forged letters from Robb making crude jokes about his dead sons. He faked his death to escape the Night's Watch, and is soon to return to take Winterfell and proclaim Jon his rightful heir.

My most likely theory he's a captive of the Others. Waymar Royce fought, what if Benjen yielded? We need someone in their camp, I can't think who else it would be.

That's an interesting theory I never considered, kudos. I will say the Others don't seem like the type to have hostages. That would suggest they negotiate and they don't seem to care about such things, but then we know very little about them.

That's an interesting theory I never considered, kudos. I will say the Others don't seem like the type to have hostages. That would suggest they negotiate and they don't seem to care about such things, but then we know very little about them.

I never thought of that as a possibility either, but it's an interesting idea. They do have some sort of a mysterious deal going on with Craster though, so it's possible that they are capable of taking hostages and having negotiations. We don't actually know what they do with the baby boys either. It would be amazing to have a Benjen POV as a prisoner of the Others, though I seriously doubt it will happen.

Archived