What do you think was the saddest moment from each book?

nillingar

AGOT- Yep, either Ned's death or Sansa seeing Ned's head on the spike. Also, "their fingers twined together" with Robb and Bran got me right there.

ACOK- Luwin's death and Cat seeing Ned's bones. Renly dying in Brienne's arms was sad, as well.

ASOS- Either Ygritte's death or the Red Wedding. "Ned loves my hair," made me cry until I couldn't breathe. Sansa's Snow Winterfell and Arya being so close to Robb and Cat killed me.

AFFC- Maester Aemon's death had me tear up, and Arys Oakheart's got to me as well, but I didn't cry. Brienne's speech about not being fit as "a son or daughter," as well.

ADWD- Quite a few. When Reek/Theon went to the Godswood and cried in front of the Weirwood, or "Needle was Jon Snow's smile."

Game - Arya watching Ned die. Jory's death scene was quite sad too, especially the mental image of a wounded Ned cradling Jory in his arms.

Storm - Red Wedding.

Feast - Aemon talking to ''Egg''.

I'm struggling to think of one moment in Clash or Dance that's above and beyond others in terms of sadness.

When I first saw this title my mind went crazy with stuff I wanted to post - then I realised that I read them so long a go, everything is mixed up.

This calls for one thing...

RE-READ! :) I'll post back in due course.

I actually cried a bit when Ygritte died, because that scene was just really sad and heartbreaking. Another scene in which I had tears in my eyes was when Brienne told the Elder Brother about her quest and everything, because I feel really sorry for Brienne and in that scene, you could really see how heartbroken she is because of Renly and Jaime and how it hurts her when people mock her; but still, despite everything, she continues to search for Sansa and doesn't let anyone discourage her.

The saddest thing in ADWD propably were the Theon chapters. Theon's character developement is one of the most amazing things in the books, because I just can't hate him for what he did before he became Reek. Actually, I didn't really hate him in the second book, because I thought it was horrible how his father wouldn't even treat him like his son. That's no excuse for attacking Winterfell and killing the miller's boys, of course. But still, I really felt sorry for him because all he wanted was some glory and his father to be proud of him, but instead nothing worked out like he imagined it and he was kind of forced to do things he didn't want to do.

GRRM just creates characters that you can't really hate, no matter what terrible things they did. I won't forgive Theon or Jaime for what they did, but still, they belong to my favourite characters now.

I actually cried a bit when Ygritte died, because that scene was just really sad and heartbreaking. Another scene in which I had tears in my eyes was when Brienne told the Elder Brother about her quest and everything, because I feel really sorry for Brienne and in that scene, you could really see how heartbroken she is because of Renly and Jaime and how it hurts her when people mock her; but still, despite everything, she continues to search for Sansa and doesn't let anyone discourage her.

The saddest thing in ADWD propably were the Theon chapters. Theon's character developement is one of the most amazing things in the books, because I just can't hate him for what he did before he became Reek. Actually, I didn't really hate him in the second book, because I thought it was horrible how his father wouldn't even treat him like his son. That's no excuse for attacking Winterfell and killing the miller's boys, of course. But still, I really felt sorry for him because all he wanted was some glory and his father to be proud of him, but instead nothing worked out like he imagined it and he was kind of forced to do things he didn't want to do.

GRRM just creates characters that you can't really hate, no matter what terrible things they did. I won't forgive Theon or Jaime for what they did, but still, they belong to my favourite characters now.

^^^^ Basically

Archived