Why do people think Tyrion riding a dragon is "absurd" ?

I dont think its absurd that Tyrion rides a dragon a few times but i would consider it absurd if he becomes a dragon-rider and one of the three heads. It would just show more of GRRMS favoritism to Tyrion by giving him more plot armor.

"GRRM's favouritism" seems like an odd term. Favouritism implies not just preferential treatment--and there's no denying Tyrion, Dany and Jon get preferential treatment--but unfair preferential treatment. The thing is that GRRM's under absolutely no obligation to treat all characters fairly, these being his books at all. He has his favourites, for sure, but I don't see how giving them cool stuff--incredible beauty, magical powers, dragons, etc.--at the expense of other characters is unfair to those other characters.

"GRRM's favouritism" seems like an odd term. Favouritism implies not just preferential treatment--and there's no denying Tyrion, Dany and Jon get preferential treatment--but unfair preferential treatment. The thing is that GRRM's under absolutely no obligation to treat all characters fairly, these being his books at all. He has his favourites, for sure, but I don't see how giving them cool stuff--incredible beauty, magical powers, dragons, etc.--at the expense of other characters is unfair to those other characters.

Damn right. It's Martin's book; he can favor any character he wants to. It's unfair in the extreme that Ned lost his head instead of Cersei, who richly deserves it.

Did i ever say it was unfair to other characters? No, all i said was it shows his favortism to a character. Tyrion already has a ridiculous amount of plot armor no need to give him a flying fire breathing death-machine as well. However it is his story and this is just my opinion on it.

IMO it would be absurd and borderline unfair to other characters to make him one of the three heads.

Also favoritism doesnt mean its unfair to the non-favorites just you are inclined to that characters personality.

Archived