Meyers-Briggs Personality Types and ASoIaF

Sansa's a total S. If she were N, she wouldn't be in the mess she's in. She likes to have things decided and settled (J); she's capable of rolling with the punches, but she doesn't seem to like it very much.

Littlefinger, maybe? I'd pegged him as an INTJ, but he's the master of improvisation and thrives on chaos (P) rather than being married to plots set in stone (J).

yeah, she is probably an S. I just see a lot of similarities to INFP but they could just be the same traits as an SP. Yeah, whether or not she's a J is hard too. I suppose at first she's ready to move away and be with joffrey, she thinks she knows what she wants and is ready to make these decisions. she can make decisions that keep her alive in ways. And she decides to go with the escape plan after the purple wedding but I suppose she didn't really have choice there- there was no way she could have stayed there after that. And if she had just been determined to escape no matter what she may have gone with her earlier chances eg. with the hound.

I think you are right with little finger, I think he's closest to INTP as a character

yeah, she is probably an S. I just see a lot of similarities to INFP but they could just be the same traits as an SP. Yeah, whether or not she's a J is hard too. I suppose at first she's ready to move away and be with joffrey, she thinks she knows what she wants and is ready to make these decisions. she can make decisions that keep her alive in ways. And she decides to go with the escape plan after the purple wedding but I suppose she didn't really have choice there- there was no way she could have stayed there after that. And if she had just been determined to escape no matter what she may have gone with her earlier chances eg. with the hound.

I think you are right with little finger, I think he's closest to INTP as a character

Not that I am an expert here, nor do I play one on tv. However, I just took test and got intp and read some characteristics and some comparisons and looked up people of that type and thought (after reflecting about myself).... LF.

Edit don't like LF so I'm not trying to come off as LF and serve some strange bias. Just pointing out I thought he fit the mold quite well for intp character.

Hahaha, I bet if you polled the boards, you'd get a lot of INTJs and INTPs. They're pretty much the "nerd" Myers-Briggs types. They're pretty rare in the world at large, but in fandom, and especially sci-fi/fantasy fandom, they're everywhere.

Hahaha, I bet if you polled the boards, you'd get a lot of INTJs and INTPs. They're pretty much the "nerd" Myers-Briggs types.

Likely. I don't understand the complexities of this personality test, as I just read about it on the thread. But I took it before reading the rest of OP and seeing list, and before reading comments. I wanted to know more about it before continuing, so I think it was quite accurate. Granted it wasn't professional, but seems to be relatively simple test.

I am an ISFJ and Cat:

The next most common is the ISFJ or "Nurturer." They fulfill a similar role in their interactions with others. However, their "mothering" qualities have less to do with receiving the attention and more to do with duty. They like to be told, however, when they are doing things right.

Catelyn Tully, is definitely a Nurturer.

This is probably not a coincidence.

lannisters

tywin entj

kevan isfj

cersei difficult to say but definitely unhealthy, getting a dominate Se/ inferior Ni vibe

jaime estp

tyrion entp

joffrey - show joff is definitely an estj, not sure about book joff

starks

ned istj

cat enfp e6

robb isfj

bran infp

arya istp

sansa esfj

rickon n/a

jon infj

baratheon

robert esfp e7w8

stannis istj

targ

danaerys introverted feeling.

random

littlefinger intj

varys infj

bronn istp

theon estp

rhaegar isfp

mance isfp

tormund - same as robert baratheon. i felt like they were the same character tbh.

syrio - enfj

randyll tarly - estj e8

brienne - e1

sam - infp 9w1

barristan - istp e1 for idealism or e6 for loyalty.. hard to say.

I'm an INTP. But I'm not at all like Littlefinger or Varys, unless you count information compiling.

So am I,The only INTP fictional characters that come to mind are Luna Lovegood,Dumbeldore and the 11th doctor(To an extent)

A comment I'd make is that it is important to remember that being an intravert or extravert has to do with how you derive your energy: from other people or from within. It does not mean you are shy or don't socialize, it means that your energy comes from being by yourself if you are an intravert or from others if you are extraverted.

A comment I'd make is that it is important to remember that being an intravert or extravert has to do with how you derive your energy: from other people or from within. It does not mean you are shy or don't socialize, it means that your energy comes from being by yourself if you are an intravert or from others if you are extraverted.

I agree. This applies to me. I am most creative and at ease while being by myself, but I enjoy the occasional social interaction a lot. Arya I think explores this a lot with her lone wolf vs pack inner monologues.

• 2 months later...

Being unfamiliar with this personality test I had to go find a free sample on line to find out what I was. My result was interesting in that it said I had no preference for T or F. Therefore, I seem to be equally an INTJ and an INFJ; the OPs take that these two types are somehow diametrically opposed is probably not quite true. I think this means that it may be impossible to definitively classify some characters. It is an interesting thread though.

Well, the classic SJ is duty-oriented, family-oriented, service-oriented, etc. etc...other-oriented, in a nutshell. Small wonder that a patriarchal society like Westeros would churn out a ton of them, with the odd SPs (Asha, Brienne, Arya) sticking out like sore thumbs. Of course, a lot of the men are subject to the same pressures, meaning that Westeros produces a lot of men like that as well: Ned, Davos, Barristan, Jon Arryn, etc.

As for the lack of NT women...there's been commentary about the books being full of exceptionally intelligent male characters but lacking a similar number of exceptionally intelligent female characters, and this seems to be reflected in the lack of NT women. NT is a relatively rare type, but there seems to be a disproportionate number of NT male characters in the books, and virtually no NT women to speak of (Olenna, maybe, and I'm not sure that's the right place for her).

Which are those? I really can't think of that many.

Archived