Who will be the other heads of the three headed dragon?

The Eyrie

Ok I have just come to this site and have been looking through the forums. I have been finding a lot of talk about Jon Snow becoming one of the definite heads of the dragon which to me was really confusing. I had never thought about Jon becoming a dragon rider but apparently some people believe it is obvious. I was thinking more alone the lines of Bran becoming a dragon rider rather than Jon. You may be wondering why, but to me it seemed obvious. I mean the amount of time that he has been told, 'you will not walk again, but you will fly!' He was told this in a number of his dreams and by the three eyed crow when he met him in person. Jojen also said that in his vision about Winterfell and Bran he saw, 'a winged wolf tied to the ground.' So this made me really confused because one, no-one seems to believe Bran would be a head of the three headed dragon. And two, every-one else but me has it in their head that Jon will somehow become one. I really need everyone to tell me what you think on this!!!

Hello, welcome to the forum. May you have nice and pleasent time here...

It is my opinion, that dragon riders and dragon heads are not same thing. Rider can be anyone, while three heads are actually part of one person. I believe that three heads of dragons are Jon's three identities - Stark, Snow, Targaryen, and that fits in many titles he has. So, we could see 2, 3, 4, 5, etc riders, but there is only one three-headed dragon - Jon.

Hello, welcome to the forum. May you have nice and pleasent time here...

It is my opinion, that dragon riders and dragon heads are not same thing. Rider can be anyone, while three heads are actually part of one person. I believe that three heads of dragons are Jon's three identities - Stark, Snow, Targaryen, and that fits in many titles he has. So, we could see 2, 3, 4, 5, etc riders, but there is only one three-headed dragon - Jon.

I have a feeling this thread might be connected to me saying all over the place that Jon is the three headed dragon :D.

Anyway I agree with Mladen. And if people want to know more, then they might want to check out Jon's Queen Consort's thread about this.

Wow. Ok so that's a lot more complicated than I would have thought. But this leads to a whole new area of confusion for me. Where have you all got it from that Jon is related to the Targarians? I have heard the theory that his mum was Ned's sister and his father Rhaegar was his father, but everyone seem so sure about the whole theory. I mean is there actually any proof??

Wow. Ok so that's a lot more complicated than I would have thought. But this leads to a whole new area of confusion for me. Where have you all got it from that Jon is related to the Targarians? I have heard the theory that his mum was Ned's sister and his father Rhaegar was his father, but everyone seem so sure about the whole theory. I mean is there actually any proof??

At the top of the General page you'll see a pinned thread called R+L=J v. 57. Click on the first page and read the reference guide.

Ok thanks for that everyone! seems that I have learned a lot in the last 30 minutes :) I still find this all a bit annoying but because to me Jon's roll in the story was the night's watch and to me, even after what I have just learned, Jon's place is still at the wall not on the Iron throne.

I have a feeling this thread might be connected to me saying all over the place that Jon is the three headed dragon :D.

Anyway I agree with Mladen. And if people want to know more, then they might want to check out Jon's Queen Consort's thread about this.

link?

I was always under the assumption that the 3 headed dragon was a unified entity of three separate people. Jon-Dany-Aegon or Jon-Dany-Shireen or something like that.

From a reader's stand point, it would be lame if all the prophesies converge on our special little Snowflake. I like Jon but spread the love a little. :P

Bran, his whole arc is building up to the fight against the Others he has to do something amazing.

I was actually kinda hoping that maybe, if Bran got a dragon, he might end up being on the opposite side to the 'god' people on the Iron throne's side of the wall. I just thought it would be awesome if he ended up fighting for the old gods against Rhallor and his annoying people. And maybe even his dragon against Danny's or Jon. Not likely but it would make a good twist!!

I was actually kinda hoping that maybe, if Bran got a dragon, he might end up being on the opposite side to the 'god' people on the Iron throne's side of the wall. I just thought it would be awesome if he ended up fighting for the old gods against Rhallor and his annoying people. And maybe even his dragon against Danny's or Jon. Not likely but it would make a good twist!!

Sounds like you're assuming the old gods are allied with the others... if you don't like R'hllor, why do you trust Melisandre?

Melisandre is a difficult character..... I definitely don't trust her because she is only thinking about her religion, but at the same time she has done some good things (or at least tried) for my favorite characters. But what I am thinking is not that the old gods have allied with the others but merely learnt how to control them. And why not? (When I talk about the old gods I'm referring to the children of the forest because.... well they are the old gods in a way). They have been forced out of their lands and the remaining influence is being threatened by R'hllor because they seem to think they have the one true god. So it could be a possibility that they have summoned Bran north (because in my theory he will eventually control a dragon) so that they will stand a chance if they wage war against the south and they have perhaps found a basis to manipulate the others so now they have a formidable army. Kinda a little random but I like it!

link?

Jon Snow the 3headed dragon

I agree with Mladen that Jon is the 3headed dragon (or the dragon with the 3 heads) and that doesn't have to do with who will ride Dany's dragons.

I think that the three heads and the dragon riders are the same thing because:

1. Dany & co. will refer to them as such and that makes it so, because it is not some magical formula, it is just a phrase which means exactly what people use it for

2. I think it would add absolutely nothing to the story if Jon was the dragon

"Three heads of the dragon... yes... but the third will not nessesarily BE a Targaryen..." (SSM)

So, with that in mind...

1. Daenerys Targaryen
  2. Jon Snow (as the legitimate son of Rhaegar) or Aegon Targaryen
  3. Aegon Blackfyre or Jon Snow (as the bastard son of Rhaegar) or Tyrion Lannister (as the bastard son of Aerys)

The "3 heads = Jon" theory is one of my least favourite theories on the board, tbh (alongside A+J=T). It puts way too much emphasis on a single character and minimises the importance of Daenerys, who is equally as important to this series as Jon Snow.

Archived