Tommen has been recast

Patchface Targaryen

They might recast her as well. What was wrong with Callum Wharry????!!!!!!

Well it's odd. Wharry was not in season 3. A recent photo of him , if that's him?, shows that with the right hair cut he would look like Dean-Charles Chapman or vice versa!

I don't really know how old Wharry is right now.

It is noticeable , unless Wharry is doing a lot of stage acting, that on IMDB his only TV appearances have been on GOT.

Maybe he gave up on acting or his parents did?

For this coming season any Margaery - Tommen story is going to get little screen time...

Tho me-thinks Natalie Dormer will get some , what shall we say?, extrapolated plot material?

As far as I know UK laws regulate it so e.g. Isaac Hempstead-Wright did not witness the Jaime-Cersei (played by Lena's double anywaway) sex scene. However, there is no need for inventing Tommen-boobs scenes as they are not in the books so far.

I honestly do not like the idea of recasting, but I'll just have to deal with it and see how this kid acts. But I thought Tommen's age is pretty much what drives the plot in book 4... so I think it's an odd choice to age up the character.

Will you folks ever get that actor's age =! character's age? I really doubt they'll age up Tommen to 15 (that would be soap opera level of age retcon). That young dude can easily pass for 12 and that would bring him back in line with Bran agewise (they are the same age in the books too).

Basically what it means though is that Tommen's storyline will change quite a bit unless they want it to seem like this kid has real issues. I mean he looks like a young teen and he will be playing around with kittens and banning beets?

Basically what it means though is that Tommen's storyline will change quite a bit unless they want it to seem like this kid has real issues. I mean he looks like a young teen and he will be playing around with kittens and banning beets?

That's actually not a bad idea, considering where he's comng from (Cersei, Joffery,....)

Will you folks ever get that actor's age =! character's age? I really doubt they'll age up Tommen to 15 (that would be soap opera level of age retcon). That young dude can easily pass for 12 and that would bring him back in line with Bran agewise (they are the same age in the books too).

I get that, and sure he can pass as 12 now, but what about next year when the Tommen-Margery relationships gets more prominent? He's at an age where he's changing drastically, look at all of the comments about how old Bran looked from season 2 to season 3.

Myrcella looks like a teen now, almost like a teen Cersei, so she will probably look older than him. Isaac Hempstead Wright on his twitter account was complementing her on her looks, lol I thought it was sweet. All these kids growing up way too fast, or perhaps at the right age considering the stuff they have to deal with.

Honestly I think it'll work just fine. He'll have a little more gravitas than Robin Arryn, but also looks adorable. It would be interesting to see him be a little more reactive. Not a player, but perhaps questioning something at a council and getting cowed by Cersei. Basically, the sweet version of Joff.

Teens can play with kitties! Shit, hand a grown-ass man a kitten and watch him melt. The beets line could come across a bit of light-hearted snark.

I find the decision a little strange to be honest. Tommen-Margaery in the books never seemed creepy to me but more like something a bit funny and awkward since it's the only way the Tyrells and the Lannisters can keep their alliance and keep Margaery as Queen. And they were only betrothed to be married when Tommen came of age anyway (but that seems farfetched now that Margaery looks like she's in her late twenties/early thirties). So I don't know really why it would have mattered to much that Tommen was really young and engaged to Margaery. A bit ridiculous maybe, but so it was in the books as well.

I wouldn't be too surprised at all if they recast Kevan as well now. But I really dislike this thing where they keep a character out of the show and the suddenly introduce him like "Oh hey, here's Tywin's brother. He's been off chilling somewhere during all this time without being mentioned at all but now he's here and he's gonna be very involved." Seems like a lack of foresight to me :/

It's really, really sloppy to recast someone in another role when they've already killed that person's character off. Surely viewers might recognize him as the dead Lannister hostage? It would only confuse them further. Finding a chubby kid to play Tommen really can't be that hard if they needed to recast him.

Yes they will. In fact, its kind of hard to miss considering that was a pretty big plot point in Robb's storyline. Hell, it confused me when i heard about it.

Casual viewers probably won't notice a thing after his hair has been dyed to Lannister gold and he's wearing royal clothing.

Why do people underestimate show only fans so much? I showed my mum a pic of the Martin Lannister kid and she most certainly remembered him. And found it equally odd.

I googled the actress that plays Myrcella, and yes she still looks older than Tommen. This is one of the pictures I found on her twitter: https://pbs.twimg.co...dweCQAAnDZC.jpg

I hope they dont recast her to be honest. She looks great as Myrcella and if they are going for a slight age-up with those two, she can still work.

As for Tommen/Marg shenanigans, its HIGHLY unlikely there will be hanky panky going on. Tommen in the show is still going to be around like 12 or something. His actor is still a minor isnt he? (the new one that is...) It will just be a case of Dawson Casting. (Casting an older actor to play someone considerably younger.) Like what they did with Marg. Natalie Dormer is not 18/19 years old by any means. (Shes my age) Its going to be weird as hell to see a dude who played a character who was killed off playing a relatively major role. But apparently this isnt unheard of in TV. :dunno:

I doubt Kevan is going to be recast. We did see him in season 2.

I agree the recast does not mean reinterpreting the character's age. I'm not sure if they actually mentioned his age in the show so far; if not, they could say he's around Arya's age, and we know how well Maisie Williams is doing being so much older. And I doubt Tommen and Marg will ever really be in a position for consummation - most likely Marg becomes a martyr.

Archived