Which character will you NEVER like?

nillingar

"I'm not ashamed of loving you, only of the things I've done to hide it. That boy at Winterfell . . ."

even that reads to me as only remorse for how it made her feel, or what it's done to him, not genuine regret for hurting a helpless child.

I will never ever like these characters no matter what they do but I do enjoy reading about them and hoping they get their due in the next two books.

Roose B, Ramsey S, Littlefinger, Walder Frey, Gregor Clegane, Qyburn, Cersei, Selyse, Melisandre, Bowen Marsh, Wick, Alliser Thorne, and Randyll Tarly.

Haha. Why do so many hate Penny?

Is it just because she's a bit too... 'cutesy'?

A mixture of how infuriatingly innocent she is, and the awful fear that GRRM will have Tyrion and Penny enter into a romantic relationship. I also, when first reading it, feared that Penny could be Tyrion's daughter with Tysha, both of which would be utterly dreadful.

even that reads to me as only remorse for how it made her feel, or what it's done to him, not genuine regret for hurting a helpless child.

And that's the only time he expresses anything symboling regret. We had multiple Jamie chapters since Storm and he haven't thought on Bran once. This man tried to murder a helpless child but ends up crippling him and he doesn't think about what he's done besides that one moment.

That is not remorse or regret

I was just gonna say Ramsay Snow, but all the Randy Tarly defenders remind me that ole Randy is a terrible person as well.

Oh yeah, and Walder Frey, heh.

The Penny hate is surprising. She's done absolutely nothing wrong. She's just a bit irritatingly naive, and that only because we only see her through the cynical and largely insane eyes of Tyrion, who probably also hates kittens too by this point.

Sansa-I have not liked her since she first appeared on page. My loathing of her only increased as the story went on. I don't like her on a personal level or as a character.

Cat- same as her daughter

The usual suspects-The ones who are down right evil Ramsey, Gregor etc.......no need to spend time on them

Asha- She just annoys the bejesus out of me

Arienne- she Asha

Ser Barry- Grow a pair already

Jorah- see Ser Barry

The Tullys- Yeah I just don't like them not even a little bit.

Maesters-Sneaky bastards.....WTF are you up to! Tell me now!!!

Tywin, Cersei, Shae,-Just ughh. Cersei is entertaining but man I'd like to punch her.

And that's the only time he expresses anything symboling regret. We had multiple Jamie chapters since Storm and he haven't thought on Bran once. This man tried to murder a helpless child but ends up crippling him and he doesn't think about what he's done besides that one moment.

That is not remorse or regret

In ASoS, Jaime has much bigger things on his mind (to him) than Bran. His hand, Brienne, being captured, etc, etc. In AFFC, he has learned that Cersei is a liar, and half-mad with paranoia. He doesn't have time to think about a boy he crippled. Another point is that Jaime believes Bran to be dead, but he never thinks "Good, now our secret won't get out" or "The spy had what was coming to him" or anything of the like.

Jaime has a different set of morals than most do. He believes his crippling of Bran was justified, so what is the point of feeling regret?

There are so many utterly vile characters in these books! GRRM does love his over-the-top villainy.

Joffrey and Tywin are dead, along with Gregor, Vargo Hoat, Rorge and Biter, Janos Slynt, half a dozen Freys I hated, Polliver, The Tickler, Shagwell, Pyg, Timeon, Septon Utt, Balon Greyjoy, etc., etc. ..they're never going to redeem themselves posthumously, so they missed that boat..

..and north of the Wall, I would include Rattleshirt, Varamyr, Orell and Varma Dogshead in the same category. And I shouldn't forget Lysa Arryn either, she was a piece of work.

Of people who are still alive and at large, Qyburn and Ramsay Snow/Bolton top my list. People who torture can't be tolerated, it's more heinous than murder IMO. I'll presume that Roose Bolton is another, but he keeps it on the down-low. (even if he's not, I'll never like him.)

Cersei, Amory Lorch, Meryn Trant, Boros Blount, the Kettleblacks - in fact most of the dishonorable servants of House Lannister. Especially the crews sent out by Tywin to scourge the Riverlands. irredeemable, all of them. Urswyck, Septon Utt, etc.

I doubt that I'll ever warm to Pyat Pree, or view Aeron Damphair favourably, nor am I fond of Euron Crowseye. And yeah, as others have said, Sweetrobin really gets on my nerves the little git.

Littlefinger almost redeemed himself when he threw Lysa out the Moon Door, but nah.. ..what he has done so far, he'd have to single-handedly kill the Great Other with his mockingbird pin to atone for.

The only characters who I can think of as being on their way to redemption are Jaime and The Hound. Even so, neither of them are quite there yet.

Archived