Best warriors who are still alive

the Garlan support comes from the battle of the blackwater when he has Renlys armor and is said to have cut through like 40 people(might be a bit high but he owned on the blackwater). Also he is training in the yard against 5 other guys at one point. And Loras says Garlan is better with a sword than he is.

I think Ser Barry is the realest, those dudes form the Vale sound like the throwdown, and I dont get where all the Garlan love comes from, he has not done anything awesome.

He killed the guy leading Stannis' vanguard, trains against 3/4 people at a time, and is considered a better swordsman than Loras.

1-) Greatjon (He will unchain i know)

2-) Garlan

3-) Tormund

4-) Brienne

5-) Richard Horpe

6-) Godry Farring

7-) Darkstar

8-) Old Barristan

9-) Meryn Trant

10-) Jorah

11-) Old Blackfish

12-) Old Yohn Royce

13-) Loras

• 2 weeks later...

1-) Greatjon (He will unchain i know)

2-) Garlan

3-) Tormund

4-) Brienne

5-) Richard Horpe

6-) Godry Farring

7-) Darkstar

8-) Old Barristan

9-) Meryn Trant

10-) Jorah

11-) Old Blackfish

12-) Old Yohn Royce

13-) Loras

Not sure what others think but I wouldnt put Brienne, Horpe or Farring up so high. I think Horpe may be the best of those three, its tough pick with him or brienne.

As annoying as i think he his i think i forgot Daario Naharis in my first list

Until we actually see him in action, I have serious doubts about Daarios combat abilities. I always envisioned him just sort of coming up from behind the other sellsword captains and beheading them rather than it being an actual fight.

Not sure what others think but I wouldnt put Brienne, Horpe or Farring up so high. I think Horpe may be the best of those three, its tough pick with him or brienne.

I like Horpe but he is definitely not better than Brienne. Out of all the Queen's Men though I think Horpe is the best actual warrior, and he was passed over as knight of the Kingsguard for having two much of a "lust for battle" in favor of sycophants like Meryn Trant and Boros Blount so that speaks quite well of him imo. But better than Brienne? I highly doubt it.

And Godry "Giantslayer" got his nickname for stabbing a giant from behind while it was running away. I don't think he even warrants a mention.

Archived