Lady Stoneheart what are her bad deeds and why?

Biglose

Honestly I do not really get it, what makes people think she is that bad.

It kind of confuses me. I keep thinking that I might have missed chapters or something of the sort.

But if I but up her behaviour against what any leader in her situation would do, well I do not find ANYTHING which would not be justified.

Espacially if I would compare her to todays world leaders.

Does she commit any sort of warcrime?

Does she kill non-combatants?

I used to think the same way, but now I like her and prefer her to Beric.

The "worst" thing she did IIRC was that she was about to hang Pod for serving the Lannisters, even if he was guilty of that.

A lot of other characters have done much worse, so I cant single her out as the only person who committed a bad deed.

@newwb

What murdering? I mean honestly she is fighting guerilla warfare and she has no resources for prisoners and no use. It is not like her people would get POW treatment if captured.

@TalalofDorne

Yeah, Pod might be one questionable thing she did not even do.

Like the hate she got as Cat I think this is irrational. She is one of those characters which is always hold up to impossible moral standarts and on top of that she should act smart. (Not to mentiona that the both mutally exclude each other most of the time)

I don't see her as evil, but as a very tragic figure.

What really bothers me is Thoros attitude towards her. He seems bitter because the BWB has changed a lot for worse after Lady Stoneheart became its leader, but he hasn't deserted. He could have leave with Edric Dayne, Anguy & Cia, but he stayed with her. I don't know what to think about it, really.

Well.....IMO the main difference between her and Beric is trial by combat.....she meets someone associated with ill deeds and they die, no questions asked. Shes much more ruthless. And lets not forget that Brianne may have died. Brianne said she wouldn't betray Jaime because hedid right by her and she sees more than just the Kingslayer now, yet the latest we know of him, she did just that but why? Also Pod is most likely dead, I can see LS sparing Brianne.....definitely not the Imp's former squire.....like I said she's ruthless, treating others the same way she got treated.

No proces, killing innocent Freys, killing people that have nothing to do with the RW.

And because Martin brought her back I'm now 99% shure he can't kill female pov characters for some reason o I'm not conserned for any of them anymore.

No proces, killing innocent Freys, killing people that have nothing to do with the RW.

And because Martin brought her back I'm now 99% shure he can't kill female pov characters for some reason o I'm not conserned for any of them anymore.

Has she killed anyone not involved in the Red Wedding yet?

Well.....IMO the main difference between her and Beric is trial by combat.....she meets someone associated with ill deeds and they die, no questions asked.

No "trial by battle" is a good thing, is the biggest mockery of justice imaginable. Beric led someone who admitted to murdering a kid because of this idiotic custom.

Not true that Stoneheart killed with no questions asked. Brienne had by Westeros standards a good chance to explain herself and even though the evidence was stacked against her, she got a chance to prove her innocence by killing Jaime.

She hasn't done anything wrong. What are her actual numbers? People post like she's been massacring hundreds, but we've seen her kill relatively few. Just the Freys who by her own witness were involved in the RW. Pod is guilty of serving the Lannisters, so he hangs. Its war and the other side already betrayed one of the most sacred rules in Westeros. Brienne is technically doing the same as Pod. They found her with a Lannister squire, sword, and official document. What is that supposed to look like? Not believing her about Jaime being a changed man is the right thing to do. His 'redemption' is mostly an internal thing he is striving for, not something apparent to everyone else but Brienne.

Lady Stoneheart is fighting a war. She's a hero.

But basically, she's a saint.

This is indisputable.

I think because she is not beautiful anymore, some people seem to think that to be an "evil" omen. The fact is, she was decomposing in the water for 2-3 days and that happens. She is delivering justice by hanging and slaughtering lannisters and Freys in patricular. The Bad Guys. there is nothing wrong with that. As far as Briene goes, given she had half of Ned's sword, the note from Tommen and Lannister finery on the sword, who would not assume the worst if they were her. Also, Tyrion's squire is with her so it is not out of mental reach to come to such conclusions.

Archived