Will ASoIAF end at ADoS?

Abyssalix

I mean think about it, too many stuff happening in 2 books kinda seems far fetched, for each book there's roughly 100 pages for the most frequent POV's and assuming jon has 10 chapters on both books , thats only 200 pages, and he has to settle stuff at the wall, find out his true parentage (if hes a targ) he will have to choose about whether he will stay at the wall or do what he was destined to do, and i believe that the wall will come down, that alone will take like 20 pages, then there the wildlings and the battle with the others.

Dany will probably stay with the dothraki for most of tWoW, returning to mereen at the time of the battle of mereen at the end , after that she will have to go to asshai or just sail to wasteros and the dance of dragon 2.0 in aDoS

Cersei has to lose both tommen and myrcella , and be killed.

Euron's mystery has to be revealed.

Varys's final scheme should be revealed.

Little Fingers arc with sansa has to take the most of the 2 books aswell.

Just alot of stuff are happening and is there truly enough space for that in 2 books?

P.S , how long do you think it will last and why?

P.S , how long do you think it will last and why?

There will probably three more books for a total of eight. There are too many plot threads, factions, and characters for it to be easily wrapped up in two books unless some type of radical change in the writing or story takes place. Hopefully GRRM will give his plot threads adequate attention and resolution. It is possible that the first three books will end up being sort of like an opening trilogy, books 4 and 5 as a middle bridge portion, and the last three (if three) as the ending trilogy.

The fact remains, if he makes 8 books the show will catch up to him. The show's likely to catch up to him anyways:

Season 4 (last half of book 3) is filmed in 2013

Season 5 (first third of AFFC/ADWD combined) will be filmed in 2014

Season 6 (second third of AFFC/ADWD) will be filmed in 2015

Season 7 (last third of AFFC/ADWD + the first third of TWOW) will be filmed in 2016 (so TWOW MUST be completed by 2015)

Season 8 (remaining 2/3 of TWOW) will be filmed filmed in 2017

Season 9 (ADOS) is filmed in 2018 (so ADOS MUST be completed by 2017)

It will be a miracle if he finishes ADOS in time. If he were to write 8 books I think they would make up the last season, going loosely on what GRRM said he wanted to do in the end. If there was an 8th book the 7th book would be called A Time For Wolves (the early title for the last book) I actually wouldn't mind it if this is what it turned out to be, but ideally the show's seasons come out after each book.

I am afraid the AFFC/ADWD seasons will lose the audience because there are lots of parts where there's not much going on. I can figure that a LOT will be cut but even then... What are they going to do about Dany? Her chapters are soooo boring!

There is a reason why it reached number 7 and it will stay like that for the same reason. Not even GRRM can resist the power of the Seven!

Although it would be an infinitely cruel blow to the Faith if he were to run it to eight.

But no, I'm thinking eight books is going to be the end total as it's just too much to finish with adequate time given to each POV. Unless characters start dropping like flies, that is- but everyone who's left seems rather important.

I think he could if he picked up the pace and not made each chapter over 20 pages filled with more shit about who's eating/wearing what than contributing to the actual story line. Seriously could not stand reading most Daenerys chapters in ADWD.

I rather like the detail, though it does make it hard to progress in less than a thousand pages. . .

Archived