Who is best suited to lead the fight against the Others?

Leman Russ

No one would have followed her if it wern't for her Dragons, you want to talk about courage, look at Arya, look at Jon, not Dany surrounded by people who do her fighting for her,eating grapes and making ill informed decisions and not heeding the counsel of people far wiser, she's hardly a tactical genius, she lacks the stomach and the intelligence to rule and she is an embarassment to House Targaryen, who I would actually quite like to see back on the Iron Throne for nostalgias sake if it wern't for the fact it would mean Dany being Queen.

You still got Aegon, he could be competent.

No one would have followed her if it wern't for her Dragons, you want to talk about courage, look at Arya, look at Jon, not Dany surrounded by people who do her fighting for her,eating grapes and making ill informed decisions and not heeding the counsel of people far wiser, she's hardly a tactical genius, she lacks the stomach and the intelligence to rule and she is an embarassment to House Targaryen, who I would actually quite like to see back on the Iron Throne for nostalgias sake if it wern't for the fact it would mean Dany being Queen.

this

nuff said

Arya bringin' the hammer down

He would be better than all the others leaders like Joffery, Cersei, Robert, Catelyn, Stannis, Renly, and others since their war has put humanity in the position where it is threatened.

What's that got to do with competence as a leader?

The only reason Jon wasn't involved in the war was its timing (an year earlier and he would've been a part of it) and that he was forced to come back by his friends when he tried to deserte to join Robb's army.

Putting the fate of the world in the hands of 16-17 years old teens is a recipe for disaster.

I agree but nobody else seems to care about the threat of the Others besides a 17yr old and the only other person who cares is an entitled, socially awkward King who is fighting a war for his throne and not a war against the Others.

If Dany was anywhere near The Wall with her dragons, she'd somehow melt the thing and accidentally let the Others into the seven kingdoms.

This has made me think of a good comparison.

You know at the end of 28 Weeks Later, with the asymptomatic kid who carries the virus, and accidentally lets the Rage Virus into France and the rest of Europe, well the Westerosi version is Dany going to the wall.

If Dany was anywhere near The Wall with her dragons, she'd somehow melt the thing and accidentally let the Others into the seven kingdoms.

Top of the page *Daenerys*

She saw a wall of ice looming ahead of her as she rode on the night black wings of Drogon. Surely....such a mammoth structure made of ice must be a tool of the Others. For only they...could raise such a behemoth of ice and cold. She had but one recourse. I must bring it down she thought. "Drogon! Flamethrower! FIRE AND BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!" As she made her pass she noticed men in black atop waving her off, IT'S NOTHING! ONLY THE MAGIC OF THE OTHERS! FIRE AND BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! TAR-GAR-YENS! FUCK! YEAH!

Archived