Melisandre will burn Stannis?

Lazy Lion

Edric wasn't the heir to the Throne, and, as I hope you understand by now, for Stannis, the Throne is more important than all the red faith shiz.

This is unbelievable. Theorizing just for the sake of having a theory. Tossing characterization out the window. It makes no sense to Stannis' objectives to sacrifice himself. It would be a horribly stupid action, incredibly stupid, and out of character.

we dont really need him to be noble for this, just brain-washed enough by Mel perhaps?

Hasn't happened till now,so I doubt it would happen in the future,Stannis hates Gods all of them and Has Iron will(like Bats),So brain washing someone like him would be a hard job.

Edric wasn't the heir to the Throne, and, as I hope you understand by now, for Stannis, the Throne is more important than all the red faith shiz.

This is unbelievable. Theorizing just for the sake of having a theory. Tossing characterization out the window. It makes no sense to Stannis' objectives to sacrifice himself. It would be a horribly stupid action, incredibly stupid, and out of character.

I sense too much denial from you :rofl: . This theory is fairly crackpot in itself and adding an equally bizarre yet likely option is not in the wrong at all.

That Stannis won't jump into flames is crackpot? Do you even know what the word crackpot means? Your theory is a disgrace to the series and disrespectful of the fact that nonsensical events do not happen in it.

Hasn't happened till now,so I doubt it would happen in the future,Stannis hates Gods all of them and Has Iron will(like Bats),So brain washing someone like him would be a hard job.

We've all made theories on how Mel might sacrifice Shireen.Stannis would stop that outright and kill Mel if he was there BUT if everyone wants Shireen as sacrifice,Stannis may very well take her place as a grand sacrifice for his daughter.

That Stannis won't jump into flames is crackpot? Do you even know what the word crackpot means? Your theory is a disgrace to the series and disrespectful of the fact that nonsensical events do not happen in it.

I think he was saying the OP's theory was Crackpot.

I meant the OP not your opinion.

ETA: Nonsensical events are the ones that have pushed the entire story forward, in case you havent noticed by now.

We've all made theories on how Mel might sacrifice Shireen.Stannis would stop that outright and kill Mel if he was there BUT if everyone wants Shireen as sacrifice,Stannis may very well take her place as a grand sacrifice for his daughter.

I think the Shireen sacrifice will happen before Stannis returns to the wall,It will Selyse that advocates/suggests it to Mels according to me.

He'd better have been saying that. I don't know how anybody who hasn't been reading this series properly won't find the possibility of Mr. I am the One True King Stannis jumping into the flames in a stupid sacrifice to be little more than zero.

we dont really need him to be noble for this, just brain-washed enough by Mel perhaps?

ETA: theres no one to show other possiblites..no Jon(if inside Ghost ) or Davos

I don't see Stannis sacrificing himself, or Martin going that route plot-wise, but I agree with you that is possible. Being self-sacrificing for the good of humankind doesn't seem completely out of character to me, just highly unlikely.

He'd better have been saying that. I don't know how anybody who hasn't been reading this series properly won't find the possibility of Mr. I am the One True King Stannis jumping into the flames in a stupid sacrifice to be little more than zero.

He is the one true king,performs every duty needed from a king and kings sacrificing themselves for greater good is not unheard of, even in our own history.It might dash the hopes of fans,but saying it will not happen is just denying yourself some truths.

Did it ever actually say "stone dragons"? As far as I recall, the prophecy was about "waking dragons out of stone," which fits "Sacrificing Shireen in order to reanimate Jon" pretty well.

why? Thoros has done this eight times without sacrificing anyone... And

Tv show Mel already knows you dont need to burn nobody to perform this cause she met him

As far as I remember, the "kiss of life" is a common ritual when someone has died, and Thoros has performed it on lots of people before. But only when he gave it to Beric, he awoke from the dead, which Thoros didn't expect.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Melisandre tries to resurrect Jon, but fails, and convinces herself that she needs "king's blood" to make it work.

Archived