Am I the only one that doesn't see Jon trying to take the throne?

zeppelincheetah

I see lots of topics about him being the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, about him being Azor Assai reborn, but this might not necessarily be the case. I am cautious about Jon being the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar. So many people seem to be convinced. Anyways lets assume you're right. He is the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, which would make him Rhaegar's bastard son (no legitimate claim to the throne so there's really no point).

Lets say he is Azor Assai reborn as well. Both of those don't point him to want to take the Iron Throne. He is a member of the Night's Watch and despite being stabbed to "death" I don't see him all of the sudden deciding to claim the throne. That just seems very unlike him, after all that happened with the wildlings. He lived with them and loved them but still turned his cloak back to his duty as a member of the Night's Watch. He has invested so much in the wall and trying to protect the realm from the others that I see it very unlikely that he will just turn his back on it and decide "screw this, I want to be a king. Ghost to me!"

I actually don't want Jon to take the throne (or attempt to). I think it would make for bad writing. I see him leading an army against the others. I would even be ok if he rode one of the dragons (though I might roll my eyes a little). But Iron Throne? Hell no!

The Jon we know would have the potential to change a lot if he finds out his true parentage its implications and that he's not a bastard as its rumoured Rhaegar did marry Lyanna in the old targ tradition of polygamy thus giving him a legitimate claim and there has been a lot of foreshadowing that he will be King

On the flip side a few theory's and prophecy's would need to be true for the chain of events to take place, firstly that he's alive and that gets him out the NW, R+L=J and possibly Robbs will too, there's also the comparison with his hero being the last King who admitted new people in to the Kingdom plus the house of the undying prophecy's and no doubt more ive missed

I think he will be King and believe in the theorys and the foreshadowing

Jon being king(on the Iron Throne that is) is impossible if logic count for anything in this series, because for a man to become a king he need quite a large group of supporters to put him on the throne. And do tell me, who is going to put Jon Snow on the throne and who is going to allow it?

I don't think he'll take the throne, that's not his personality. What I do think could be likely and not cliche is him accepting the throne begrudgingly because of duty, not from want like all the other claimants.

That's one of the most overused fantasy tropes. The Chosen One is so modest and unambitious (because in fantasy usually ambition is for the bad guys only) he doesn't want the throne, but takes it solely because of his sense of duty since of course everything would go to hell without him.

That's one of the most overused fantasy tropes. The Chosen One is so modest and unambitious (because in fantasy usually ambition is for the bad guys only) he doesn't want the throne, but takes it solely because of his sense of duty since of course everything would go to hell without him.

I knew Stannis was an overused trope...

Yep, there's a little known story where this guy is named Aragorn....

I would genuinely hate it if Jon gets the throne, the logic behind it irks me because George is basically saying "fuck it" to all the politics, ambition, scheming, lies deception etc. :stillsick:

1. Who in their right mind would believe R+L=J?!

2. We have a chick with dragons and a dude with an army; if Jon had a brain he'd keep his mouth shut

3. Why would anyone give Jon the throne? It doesn't serve the better interests of any of the major players and is one of the most overused fantasy cliches in existence.

4. What does Jon know about ruling and politics? We've already had four incompetent kings, there's no need for another one

I knew Stannis was an overused trope...

You can't compare Stannis to Jon Snow; Stannis is Westeros' ideal monarch, Jon isn't.

Archived