Favourite set of POV chapters within a single book?

Dragonstoned

Well the Theon ADWD chapters are the best chapters in the whole series, but for each book;

AGOT: Ned, by far the most interesting and the 'main' chapters in the book

ACOK: Tyrion, the most entertaining and really showed what it's like to rule (for a book)

ASOS: Jon, again the most interesting, especially after he returns to the Wall

AFFC: Jaime or Cersei, Jaime's were the most interesting but Cersei's were the most entertaining

ADWD: besides Theon, All of the Northern ones. What's happening to Bran is the most interesting, Jon showed what it's like to lead and all the chapters involving Stannis were brilliant, they're what made him one of my favourite characters.

It's such a shame all the Meereen chapters were so poor in ADWD, except for Barristan's. If they weren't so boring ADWD would have been the best book by far.

Sansa has a really terrific set of chapters in ASOS. The comparatively short Sansa II is the kind of slow one. Apart from that you've got the big meeting with the Queen of Thorns and the other Tyrells (Sansa I), her nightmarish wedding (Sansa III), the two chapters around Joffrey's wedding and her escape (Sansa IV & V), the hilarious visit to the Fingers (Sansa VI), and, of course, her final chapter at the Eyrie.

On my most recent re-read, and discovery of this forum/webpage i would have to say i have fallen MADLY in love with Sansa and her chapters as her, and Alayne ia AFFC are extraordinarily brilliant. The character development, and rising to a situation beyond your own comprehension is so decadently portrayed that it is by far my favorite. It has made me crush on Sansa something fierce.

AGOT: Jon, Daenerys, Arya

ACOK: Tyrion, Daenerys, Arya

ASOS: Jon, Daenerys, Arya

AFFC: Arya

ADWD: Arya, Reek/Theon, Davos

I sense a trend here.

And Davos's chapters from ADwD are a good shout, only four of them but the second excluded they are all kinda badass and have Godric Borrell and No more than I was, Manderly's mummer's farce and Davos owning Freys, and finally Wyman coming out as a Stark loyalist and The north remembers.

Archived