Damphair is ASoIaFs John the Baptist

Cold Hands Luke

So the analogies to me seem obvious. John the Baptist was a Jewish religious zealot. He preached fervently of a new way and messiah(Jesus). The first to teach baptism, journeyed the land preaching his message to commoners. Who does this sound like? Damphair takes baptism just one step further and literally drowns people. His messiah is Victarion.

Let's postulate that GRRM is doing this on purpose and John the Baptist will directly correlate with Damphair. John the Baptist demise sounds familiar to this series. He preached against the ruler, Herod, for being in an incestuous marriage, his niece actually. Herod's wife's daughter danced before Herod and enamored him to the point of granting her a wish, anything. She asked for John's head on a platter and got it.

I think Euron would be Aeron"s Herod. So the question is, who will be the seductress who dances before Euron and demand his head? Or to go along with the incest thing, the IT could be Aeron's Herod. So, who will dance before Tommen or Cersei and then demand Aeron's head?

I think Euron would be Aeron"s Herod. So the question is, who will be the seductress who dances before Euron and demand his head? Or to go along with the incest thing, the IT could be Aeron's Herod. So, who will dance before Tommen or Cersei and then demand Aeron's head?

i dont think there is need a for a "seductress" since euron is allready looking to imprison/kill aeron as it is anyway. otherwise it is a nice catch there are some striking similarities.

Exactly, and Euron absolutely wants Aeron out of the way but it is kinslaying. I have two thoughts on this "seductress". One is Asha. She aspires to be queen and would have been if not for Euron and his horn. Now she is outcast and Aeron is drumming for Vic. My other thought is Melisandre. She is just as much a zealot for her religion as Aeron. I feel there is something to the drowned god and since magic is increasing in Planetos, we will see Aeron do miraculous things. So, to Mel, Aeron would be the infidel and would want him gone.

I am not proposing this as a theory I adhere to. I simply noticed striking analogy of Aeron and John and am taking this as "brain exercise" and see where it takes me. Please join me and tell me where it takes you.

Archived