Who is your favourite house?

The_Kingslayer

House Targaryen. It was House Stark until I read the the Dunk and Egg stories, and then I really got into the Targaryens.

:agree: But for me it depends on where or what I happen to be reading at the time. Targs and Starks are neck and neck, if I'm reading D&E it's Targs, parts of the novels it's the Starks. I don't know what I'll do when we finally get Shewolves, putting both my faves in one novella, I look forward to that more than WoW.

House Baratheon - I love the strength and headstrong quality that defines them, their general aesthetic, and what words are more badass than "Ours Is The Fury"?

Honorable mentions to Stark and Tully for other major houses. Plenty of minor houses I have something of an affinity for as well.

I think all of the 9 big houses have positive aspects to them, I really don't dislike any.

However, I think the Starks would have to be my favourite; they are the heart of ASOIAF, and they've all been through so much.

Honourable mention to House Tully and Arryn.

I think the Vale of Arryn and the Eyrie is the most enchanting and unnerving place in ASOIAF, I'm so happy we'll be seeing more in WoW. I love the scenes with Lysa and Sweetrobin.

As for House Tully, I'm not really sure myself. I loved Catelyn, and I guess they come across as the most 'real' and 'human' to me.

Archived