Will House Blackfyre Make a Re-appearance in AsoIAf

sponce

Because it seems as though George has gone through allot of detail where they are concerned, and I am wondering if there is a purpose for the whole back-story of BloodRaven, Bittersteel and the Redgrass field. The whole Blackfyre rebellion seems to be very painstakingly detailed. so I ask, why? and what is it going to mean for the future of the novels? Will there be another Dance ?

House Blackfyre is extinguished in the male line, with the death of Maelys the Monstrous. Any remaining claimants in the female line are going to have a hard time finding any support, given the existence of contending Targaryen claimants to the throne.

House Blackfyre is extinguished in the male line, with the death of Maelys the Monstrous. Any remaining claimants in the female line are going to have a hard time finding any support, given the existence of contending Targaryen claimants to the throne.

We only 'know' this through Illyrio, who could be a blackfyre sympathizer. Mayhaps (f)Aegon is Maelys's son?

Opinion-They already have, with (f)Aegon.

Fact-And yes, there will be another dance of dragons, so saith George.

This; GRRM showed us the threat of the Blackfyres in Dunk and Egg while telling of the death of Maelys the Monstrous on in the War of the Ninepenny Kings to deceive the readers into thinking the Blackfyres are a long dead threat in the main series like Smaug was in LOTR. With the truth being that the Blackfyres are an active threat that are behind the events leading up to and after Robert's Rebellion.

Opinion-They already have, with (f)Aegon.

Fact-And yes, there will be another dance of dragons, so saith George.

I think "Aegon" is the song of Illyrio Mopatis and his wife Sara who was a Blackfyre bastard born in the pleasure houses in Lys. Her half brother is Varys, also a Blackfyre bastard, but who has the silver hair of the Targs (hence the shaved head)

First, I'd like to say that this is by far the part of Westerosi Story that I'm most interested. The Dance of the Dragons seems to be too interesting for me to not know more about it. Just the Dangerous Women bit we have read is too much for me. Rhaenyra and Alysanne seem fascinating.

The Blackfyre Rebellion, like Apple reminded, was a very different event. Though Red or Black, a Dragon is still a Dragon. I do believe that Westeros is not done with them, but I think we'll never truly know that Aegon is a Blackfyre. It's one of those things that will make for the big discussion here - Did Dany killed her nephew? I guess we'll never know.

Hopefully they will be scattered throughout the rest of the D&E tales, but I assume you mean in the novels. If Aegon VI is actually a Blackfyre then technically that's still a Targ, but one with seriously watered down blood. Daemon and Daeron were both full-blooded Dragons, but Daeron's line continued to inbreed at least to some extent, whereas Daemon's line did not, unless they tried inbreeding with the other Blackfyres. If not then Dany has more actual dragon blood than he would have. But I think mainly the rebellions are just filler for the novellas and since the novels will no doubt wrap up long before the D&Es are done I think it's safe to assume there won't be any major reveals that could spoil the novellas, at least I hope not.

Because it seems as though George has gone through allot of detail where they are concerned, and I am wondering if there is a purpose for the whole back-story of BloodRaven, Bittersteel and the Redgrass field. The whole Blackfyre rebellion seems to be very painstakingly detailed. so I ask, why? and what is it going to mean for the future of the novels? Will there be another Dance ?

The blackfyre rebellion is detailed in only the complimentary text like DnE novellas. There is no reason that it will be included in the main books, unless ofc George gives the backstory again in the books.

(f)Aegon is a blackfyre. I'm sure.

Why? It makes sense. It would be awesome writing, linking the books like that. It would sparkle a lot of interest on the novellas too.

There are roughly three alternatives:

1. Aegon is real. Makes no sense to come up with the true heir after so many books talking about Dany. Sure, as long as she has the dragons she's the real deal, but still...

2. Aegon is fake and a random guy. Could be, but...

3. Aegon is a blackfyre. Is by far the most interesting alternative, makes a lot of sense, the GC etc.

So. Aegon is a blackfyre. Yay.

Until we have a complete account of what happen to the Blackfyre (really Targaryen) family in Essos we'll not know if the word of Illyrio is the true but why if Aegon is real he never say anything to Viserys and Dany, I could accept that he fear that Viserys could kill Aegon but is unrealistic for me. On the other hand, why take so many troubles trying to help Viserys and Dany?...why giving to Dany the dragon's egg? and by the way do Aegon has dragon's egg?.

Yes, but if one of them goes under the name Targaryen, using the name of a dead prince, he wouldn't have that problem, since he would be the dead Targaryen prince, not a Blackfyre pretender to anyone concerned.

I believe that Aegon is a Blackfyre but he is not aware that he is a Blackfyre. The evidence in the text would be Dany's vision in the HoTU as well as the story the Elder Brother tells to Brienne. Also when Tyrion asks Illyro how he managed to get the Golden Company to break their contract with Myr he replies "Some contracts are writ in ink, and some in blood. I say no more". I believe that the contract written in blood is to place a Blackfyre on the IT and Myles Toyne, who was commander of the GC at the time, only agreed to the pact because he was aware of Aegons lineage. Also remember to words/motto of the Golden Company: "Our word is good as gold, Beneath the gold, the bitter steel."

Archived