You're a Stark, you conquer the Twins, now what?

AegonTargaryen

I'm thinking execution, for anyone who knew about it, participated or planned. The ones who tried to stop it get exiled along with the kids. Old Walder himself gets to watch all of this before seeing the twins tore down, and the entire northern army cross the bridge toll free. Then I'm thinking some Tickler or Bolton style torturing. Oh and the rat on the head thing too. I'd throw in the Boltons but I'm hoping they get taken out personally by Stannis or Jon.

People that suport the idea of exterminate or put in prison (the Wall) all the members of a family, innocent and guilty, for the crimes commited by some of the members of said family, are in the same league of Roose and Walder.

Maybe not that bad, but the title of the thread is 'You're a Stark, you conquer the twins, not what?' Stark, not Lannister.

I said death to those that had a hand in the planning, and execution of the wedding. If there is a descendent that is capable of being left in charge of the Twins, then I'd consider doing that. But, it may be better to just strip them of it and give it to someone else. The children can be fostered throughout the kingdom, most of the men can find work as hedge or household knights, maesters, septons, warrior's sons, etc. Some may prefer to take the black, and I'm all for that, The women can possibly be married off to some of the smaller land owners, for those that can't, then they can become septas or silent sisters. Some may go into some other form of business, if that's what they want then go right ahead.

Honestly I'd just kick 'em out into the fields and force them to work the land alongside the people who used to be their smallfolk.

I figure there's no worse hell than everyday peasant life in Westeros (and that goes double for the riverlands).

Plus this way I'm "The Merciful" because I didn't even harm a single one of them, let alone execute any. :D

People that suport the idea of exterminate or put in prison (the Wall) all the members of a family, innocent and guilty, for the crimes commited by some of the members of said family, are in the same league of Roose and Walder.

I would do it, but i don't think i'm in the same league as Roose and Ramsay. These two do terrible things without reason like flaying people for their amusement. Killing all the Freys is a right punishment for the great injustice they brought to the Starks and the Tullys. I know some are innocents, but if you let them live after what happened, no one going to respect you as a Lord paramount. The only two i would've spared are Roslin and her child just because of Edmure.

The first thing you do is announce that House Frey has been attainted; stripped of all lands and titles, reduced to peasant status. This is what Lord Walder fears the most. His whole life has been devoted to social climbing, trying to marry his weasel-faced get to people who are above their station - Great Houses like the Tullys and Lannisters, Kings in the North.

Any Knights who served the Freys after the Red Wedding are deemed to have soiled their honour. They are to be stripped of the title Ser, along with all their weapons and armour, and reduced to peasant status. Given the option of The Wall, mayhaps.

Those not directly involved in the Red Wedding will be spared, but to ensure that the name Frey not be allowed to continue they will take another surname; Mud, or Dirt or Pigshit perhaps. Anybody got a problem with half a dozen Walder Pigshits roaming the riverlands digging ditches and plowing fields?

Participants in the Red Wedding would of course be executed by slow, painful, creative and extravagant means, with Lord Walder going last after watching every one of his potential heirs die. (maybe do them in the order of hereditary succession?) Let the old bugger know that there's no such thing as a happy ending for his story.

Give the Twins over to the Blackfish. It's too valuable to waste, and has to be manned by someone loyal.

Burn them all, offer them up to the Red god, the Seven and the Old gods as a sacrifice to atone for the violation of guest rite.

The Freys must all die, all of them, and old Walder must be the last so he can see his entire family wiped out.

I have posted this before but the fact that GRRM has not given us readers revenge for the Red Wedding is something that really bothers me, a few hangings her and there are not enough.

Burn them all, offer them up to the Red god, the Seven and the Old gods as a sacrifice to atone for the violation of guest rite.

I realize guest rite is an important custom, but surely honouring agreed upon deals is also an important custom ?

I like all these various descriptions of how to make Old Lord Walder completely regret his boneheaded decisions. I'm in favor of making sure all of the main participants and planners are executed in painful ways in front of the old man. Definitely make him realize his house is forever gone by killing off all of his heirs, except Olyvar and Perwyn, and any other Stark-loyal Freys there were. I can't remember if there were many others. They can get reprieves, and go serve somewhere useful. They should inherit Rosby anyway, and change their names.

All of the females who knew what was going to happen and seemed excited about the whole thing (Fat Walda, Alyx IIRC) should get executed along with the perpetrators. Most of the other females can go be silent sisters or be peasants.

Along with these measures to embarrass Lord Walder, I thought of an extra one. This isn't all going to be sorted out until the war against the Others is finished. The Twins will continue to be an important strategic stronghold and crossing. A loyal, capable figurehead will be needed to take it over. I think suggestions such as a Mallister, or a Reed, or Perwyn/Olyvar, or the Blackfish are all pretty good. I think they would not make Lord Walder pissed enough. He's been jealous of old, powerful houses his whole life. Giving one of them his seat might just reinforce all his resentments.

My suggestion is to allow one of the more loyal, capable wildings who fight with Jon or Stannis in the upcoming important war the Crossing after everything is through. Giving a wildling Lord Walder's precious castle would piss him off hilariously. Sending the message to him that having an old prestigious name doesn't get you very far if you're a disloyal repugnant sorry excuse for a man. The Frey's will be erased from history because of what he did, and in his place will be a boisterous old man with the last name Thunderfist. Or any of the other still alive wildling leaders after everything is settled. Frey will be horrified, enraged, distraught and terrorized for the rest of his existence.

Honestly I'd just kick 'em out into the fields and force them to work the land alongside the people who used to be their smallfolk.

I figure there's no worse hell than everyday peasant life in Westeros (and that goes double for the riverlands).

Plus this way I'm "The Merciful" because I didn't even harm a single one of them, let alone execute any. :D

This is the most awesome answer I've read so far.

I would have Lord Frey flayed in front of as many participants as I capture. The ones involved in the RW directly would be stung up around the walls of the twins until nothing was left but bones. The ones that knew of the RW, but did not join in would be sent to the wall. And the rest would be stripped of titles and left to live as a commoner.

Scary responses. I am picturing a bunch of Tywins and Danys furiously typing and getting out their hate.

Remember Ned's philosophy? Take no pleasure in execution. No sack should occur. Only those directly responsible should be beheaded. Rest should be exiled. The Twins should be rewarded to a loyal bannerman. Absolutely no torture or rapes. Hopefully either Stannis or Stoneheart or Jon judge the Freys. Anyone else would make a mockery of justice.

Scary responses. I am picturing a bunch of Tywins and Danys furiously typing and getting out their hate.

Remember Ned's philosophy? Take no pleasure in execution. No sack should occur. Only those directly responsible should be beheaded. Rest should be exiled. The Twins should be rewarded to a loyal bannerman. Absolutely no torture or rapes. Hopefully either Stannis or Stoneheart or Jon judge the Freys. Anyone else would make a mockery of justice.

Agreed!(apart from stoneheart) I would be interested in seeing why you think stoneheart would do a good job of it. Just curious.

Archived