Dany/Jon ship? Is this on theory based on real facts or made by delusional fangirls?

Maud

Do you ship them? Or do you think that he will marry Val or someone else?

"Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars. A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly. A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.... mother of dragons, bride of fire..."

This marriage is was foreshadowed from ACOK. I simply cannot belive that someone would ship Jon with Val or someone else after reading this.

And I don't believe that anyone would actually consider shipping Dany and Jon... And the quote you provided is most likely reference to Jon's true parents, and the story where blue roses are significant part. All in all, for me, this is just, as you said it "made by delusional fangirls"

I've not really seen a compelling reason why they'd like each other. Neither is the others type.

Daenerys like extroverts; Khal Drogo, Daario. Jon will seem mopey and sullen, and his characteristic Starkness will not impress. He'll seem too introverted, and too much of a pill. Probably remind her of Jorah Mormont.

Jon likes women like Ygritte and Val (and platonically, Arya). Daenerys will seem closeminded and arrogant and like another southron lady talking about how you don't teach the dragon lessons and her titles, etc. Daenerys will probably remind him of women like Catelyn and Cersei and Selyse.

What would they even find in common in terms of their goals? They seem intent on fighting totally different wars.

I wanna know who invested this 'ship' word?? It's so annoying.

Its British slang. Relationship. Or so I gather. I am American.

To the Thread: Many gag at the idea of a Jon/Dany pairing. I think the 'blue flower in the wall of ice' thing is up for interpretation. While the 'filling the air with its sweetness' bit at least implies that Dany will find Jon a favorable association, it does not necessarily mean they will be lovers. Victory, kindness, and revenge could be said to be sweet. Perhaps Jon provides Dany with one of those.

I think Val is a better match, but if we assume that Jon is alive and a Targ perhaps he will take multiple wives, including his Aunt. Now if we could just figure out how Val is related to Jon to complete the circle of incest, then we'd be in business. Maybe she is a descendent of Bael and his Stark bride.

Edited for editing.

It comes from the word relation"ship". And yes it is annoying.

Not nearly as annoying as the put-together names of the couples they supposedly support. Urgh. Thankfully, I can just stay the hell away from those threads, and I do try. Only reason I opened this one was "delusional fangirls".

Not nearly as annoying as the put-together names of the couples they supposedly support. Urgh. Thankfully, I can just stay the hell away from those threads, and I do try. Only reason I opened this one was "delusional fangirls".

You mean Waldoose... :)... I have to admit I like Stavos and Nedbert...

Hahaha, threads with "delusional fangirls" in the title tend to get locked, so I'll stay away from this one.

You're as bad at staying away from it as I am though. Well, a little better since as of this post I've posted twice in it, but still.

You're as bad at staying away from it as I am though. Well, a little better since as of this post I've posted twice in it, but still.

That is part of the magic you see. You come here to say you're not a part of such factions yet you come all the same. Delusional fangurillas indeed.

Fan girls? Would they be the same as, fan boys? I've heard plenty of them "ship" this theory too.

The quote the OP listed, says nothing to me, about Jon and Dany; having a romantic relationship. I take from that line; that something of extreme importance to Dany's life/future, is at the Wall. Whether this "something" has a positive or adverse effect on Dany's future, is subject to debate. "Sweetness" could be a positive to Dany's endgame and story arc. On the flipside, it could mean; that there is something/someone far better than her at the Wall. Better person, better leader and better for the Seven Kingdoms. But like I said, its all debatable and subject to our own interpretations and desires.

Furthermore, Dany and Jon are far to different; for them to fall in love. It could be possible, that the two develop a strong family bond; because they are the last two members of a dying house.

My thought is Dany & Jon are destined to die and leave Tyrion as King of Westeros. Dany will turn away from her girlish love for bad boys, fall for Jon, but Jon will have to stab her to activate Lightbringer and he'll die fighting the Others. Tyrion will stay married to Sansa and rule the 7 kingdoms in the aftermath.

A disgusting myth perpetuated by those willing to attempt anything in order to deny the already firmly established Jonnis.

I couldn't agree more. I've said it before but they need to do something about that unresolved sexual tension. Jonnis, that is.

Archived