What Line Made You Decide You Love a Character

Arthur Dayne's Honor

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind...And a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge."

and

"I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things."

Tyrions first couple chapters pretty much sewed up him being my favorite character.for the rest of the series.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind...And a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge."

and

"I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things."

Tyrions first couple chapters pretty much sewed up him being my favorite character.for the rest of the series.

I agree. It was very easy for me to fall in love with Tyrion.

"So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.” -Jaime Lannister.

It brought home the situation Jaime was once in with the Mad King, and while I would argue he has turned into a villain when the show begins, he started off as a naive kid who thought they would write songs about his achievements and ended way over his head.

"There's my lord husband. And here's my sweet suckling babe." Asha Greyjoy, as she catches a thrown axe out of the air and slams it into the table (splattering Theon with his own dinner) and pulls a dagger out of her bodice.

"Edd, Fetch me a block." I was pretty much ho-hum about Jon, a.k.a. that dorky human who Ghost allows to hang around with him for some reason, until he said that. Chopping Janos Slynt's head off might be the happiest moment of the series, one of the few morsels of no-strings-attached Poetic Justice we've gotten in this series (so far, eventually we'll get more), and it has cemented me as being down with Team Jon. I'm staunchly pro-Snow now. He's the man. <3 Jon now.

"You vile, scheming, evil bitch!" Margaery Tyrell absolutely owns and is awesome and if you fail to recognize this I regret to inform you that you are, in fact, totally lame. End of discussion.

"If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look him in the eye and hear his last words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps he does not deserve to die." The Ned. 'Nuff said.

Since no one as taken them yet:

Heartsick, Dunk wheeled Thunder and raced back and forth before the tiers of pale cold men. Despair

made him shout. “ARE THERE NO TRUE KNIGHTS AMONG YOU?”

Only silence answered.

Across the field, Prince Aerion laughed. “The dragon is not mocked,” he called out.

Then came a voice. “I will take Ser Duncan’s side.”

Made Ser Duncan for me, and the voice that follows made BBT for me too.

"There's my lord husband. And here's my sweet suckling babe." Asha Greyjoy, as she catches a thrown axe out of the air and slams it into the table (splattering Theon with his own dinner) and pulls a dagger out of her bodice.

"You vile, scheming, evil bitch!" Margaery Tyrell absolutely owns and is awesome and if you fail to recognize this I regret to inform you that you are, in fact, totally lame. End of discussion.

This. Also:

“Stannis and Renly are fighting each other? Gods be good, I’m starting to believe that Robert was the clever one.”

Cersei = perfection

This. Also:

“Stannis and Renly are fighting each other? Gods be good, I’m starting to believe that Robert was the clever one.”

Cersei = perfection

:agree: best quote of all time.

I'm not a big Cers fan but that one definitely deserves to be in the top ten at least. :)

I'm not a big Cers fan but that one definitely deserves to be in the top ten at least. :)

I will never forgive D&D for not putting it on the show. It's right there with: "Oh,good, I only rescue maidens"

Honestly, what are those writers smoking for ignoring lines like that?

Paraphrasing from memory here:

"Where was he when Robb died? Robb, who had been more of a brother to him than any son born of Balon Greyjoy's loins. Robb, betrayed and murdered at the Twins.

I should have been with him. I should have died with him."

I already loved Theon as a character before that line. That line just cemented said love.

I will never forgive D&D for not putting it on the show. It's right there with: "Oh,good, I only rescue maidens"

Honestly, what are those writers smoking for ignoring lines like that?

They lost me when they left out Selmy kickin ass on the Titan's Bastard with a stick.

"So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.” -Jaime Lannister.

It brought home the situation Jaime was once in with the Mad King, and while I would argue he has turned into a villain when the show begins, he started off as a naive kid who thought they would write songs about his achievements and ended way over his head.

That entire chapter made me like Jaime. Especially those lines.

They lost me when they left out Selmy kickin ass on the Titan's Bastard with a stick.

Anything to make Daario cooler, apparently.

Archived