What Line Made You Decide You Love a Character

Arthur Dayne's Honor

Let's not sugar coat it...

Stannis' assassination of Renly holds no part here. StanBamf is speaking of how Stannis was the only King to come to the NW's, aid and the quote Aemon (I believe) gave in regards to Stannis.

Anyway, my quote is:

"Mayhaps this is a blessing. Had he lived, he would have grown up to be a Frey."

Wyman Manderly is so freaking awesome.

"I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne , the sword of the morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with his right"

- Jamie Lannister to Loras Tyrell, Osmund Kettleback, Balon Swann, Meryn Trant and Boros Blount

Ok i liked him before that but still! haha XD

“Give me Cersei Lannister, Lord Karstark, and you would see how gentle a woman can be,” Catelyn replied. “Perhaps I do not understand tactics and strategy … but I understand futility. We went to war when Lannister armies were ravaging the riverlands, and Ned was a prisoner, falsely accused of treason. We fought to defend ourselves, and to win my lord’s freedom.

“Well, the one is done, and the other forever beyond our reach. I will mourn for Ned until the end of my days, but I must think of the living. I want my daughters back, and the queen holds them still. If I must trade our four Lannisters for their two Starks, I will call that a bargain and thank the gods. I want you safe, Robb, ruling at Winterfell from your father’s seat. I want you to live your life, to kiss a girl and wed a woman and father a son. I want to write an end to this.

"Have no fear, sers, your king is safe . . . no thanks to you. Even now, I could cut through the five of you as easy as a dagger cuts cheese. If you would serve under the Kingslayer, not a one of you is fit to wear the white. Here, boy. Melt it down and add it to the others, if you like. It will do you more good than the swords in the hands of these five. Perhaps Lord Stannis will chance to sit on it when he takes your throne." - Ser Barristan

Every once in a very long while, Lord Tywin Lannister would actually threaten to smile, he never did, but the threat alone was terrible to behold.

Its not a line, but then again, Tywin doesnt need one :D

“Aye, men are dying. More will die before we see Winterfell. What of it? This is war. Men die in war. That is as it should be. As it has always been.”

Ser Corliss Penny gave the clan chief an incredulous look. “Do you want to die, Wull?”

That seemed to amuse the northman. “I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter.” - Big Bucket The Wull

I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
When the cold winds rise, we shall live or die together.

These two made me love stannis !

Because Joff was no more to me than a squirt of seed in Cersei’s cunt.

Jaimie

“You are going to fight that?” Ellaria Sand said in a hushed voice.“I am going to kill that,” her lover replied carelessly.
You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children.

Oberyn

"Bring on your storm, my lord- and recall, if you do, the name of this castle." - Ser Cortnay Penrose. Really, the whole chapter of him ripping everyone was great but that line tops it off.

And, of course, my signature by Ser Arthur Dayne.

No line is ever enough to hate or love a character, if you ask me.

No, a line alone is certainly not, but imo it can seal the deal in regard to dislike or love. (and in case of people with few lines, one might suffice, anyway, take Arthur Dayne, for example ;) )

No, a line alone is certainly not, but imo it can seal the deal in regard to dislike or love. (and in case of people with few lines, one might suffice, anyway, take Arthur Dayne, for example ;) )

Hmm, yeah, that's fair enough. But still, I'm unable to remember any line that made me go for like or dislike.

Hmm, yeah, that's fair enough. But still, I'm unable to remember any line that made me go for like or dislike.

For me it's not the line that makes me like them straight away, I like them already by then, but the line increases my likeness for them.

In my case it was Dany's "Lannister or Stark, it makes no difference", that got her from slightly positive into dislike territory.

For me it's not the line that makes me like them straight away, I like them already by then, but the line increases my likeness for them.

Also this, concerning this particular topic.

I can agree with that. That works for me too. When Hot Pie cried "HOT PIE" during the battle... aw... *.*

"Stannis!Stannis!Stannis!"

I liked him before but this was the tip of the iceberg

But isn't it supposed to be a line said by the character you are referring to? I'm sure Stannis never rode into battle yelling his own name :P

Now, I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet, but Wyman Manderly's speech to Davos was so intensely badass and chilling it made me a fan of his. Really epic, unexpected speech. And what about another certain Northman who gets taken captive twice and just steps out of prison and goes 'I'm Robett Glover, lets fuck some shit up'. That dude is hardcore. And it was funny when he called Asha 'the Iron bitch'.

Archived