What Line Made You Decide You Love a Character

Arthur Dayne's Honor

dont forget

Robb: Greatjon, keep Lord Karstark here till I return, and hang the other seven.

Greatjon: Even the dead ones?

Robb: Yes. I will not have such fouling my lord uncle's rivers. Let them feed the crows.

One of the Captive: Mercy, sire. I killed no one, I only stood at the door to watch for guards.

Robb: Did you know what Lord Rickard intended? Did you see the knives drawn? Did you hear the shouts, the screams, the cries for mercy?

Captive: Aye, I did, but I took no part. I was only the watcher, I swear it...

Robb: Lord Umber, this one was only the watcher. Hang him last, so he may watch the others die.[18]

My jaw hit the floor an I thought of how much a BAMF Robb was. To bad that didn't save him. :crying:

tragic man. tragic.

I've had a slight Tormund obsession lately. He's just such a "good ole boy"... I'd leave the NW just to hang out with him!

"See, lad, that's why he's king and I'm not. I can outdrink, outfight and outsing him, and my member's thrice the size o' his, but Mance has cunning."

"Feels nasty... But Tormund Thunderfist had better things to do than learn to make papers talk at him."

And

"If I had me a nice goose quill and a pot o' maester's ink, I could write down that me me member was long and thick as me arm, wouldn't make it so."

This passage from WoW,

The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead — "

" — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."

Ser Justin put one hand on his sword hilt. "On my honor as a knight, you have my word."

"Oh, and take the Stark girl with you. Deliver her to Lord Commander Snow on your way to Eastwatch." Stannis tapped the parchment that lay before him. "A true king pays his debts."

Paraphrasing from memory here:

"Where was he when Robb died? Robb, who had been more of a brother to him than any son born of Balon Greyjoy's loins. Robb, betrayed and murdered at the Twins.

I should have been with him. I should have died with him."

I already loved Theon as a character before that line. That line just cemented said love.

my favourite also. <3 theon

I don't have my books handy, but I would also refer to the quote of Catelyn in which she was trying to sue for peace, however I will always adulate Sansa when, up on the ramparts of the Red Keep and Joffrey threatened to give her Robb's head as a wedding present, Sansa just threw back "or maybe he'll give me yours.' Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

"He had seen the wench wed too, but it made no matter. She wouldn't be the first woman Victorian Greyjoy had made a widow" (might not be the exact words)

Victorian is a brute and gigantic asshole, but there is such a lovely straight-forwardness to him that I can't help but like him.

You think my life is some precious thing to me that I would betray my honor for a few more years...of what?

Ned Stark earned my total and lifetime respect. To basically say F-you, threatening to kill me isn't gonna work, I'm not like you chumps, I'm a Stark we aren't afraid to die. Pretty badass.

And any man who must say "I am the king" is no true king at all. Aerys never understood that, but you will. Together with Tywin's whole takedown of Joffrey, being both a lecture and a practical demonstration of the limits of worldly power.

All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that, bastard. As for this … Reek … if you have not ruined him beyond redemption, he may yet be of some use to us. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother.

Nuff said.

You think my life is some precious thing to me that I would betray my honor for a few more years...of what?

Ned Stark earned my total and lifetime respect. To basically say F-you, threatening to kill me isn't gonna work, I'm not like you chumps, I'm a Stark we aren't afraid to die. Pretty badass.

He earned my respect a hundred times over with that line, and for the fact he would sacrifice his honour, something he prizes above all else to save his daughter, he earned it a hundred times again.

Archived