What Line Made You Decide You Love a Character

Arthur Dayne's Honor

''And then I smashed her fucking head in, like this''.

Wooowwwww...yea i def agree. Dark..but i agree.

A vein throbbed in Florent's forehead. "He has no choice."

"You are wrong, my lord. He can choose to die a king."

"And us with him? Is that what you desire, Onion Knight?"

"No. But I am the king's man, and I will make no peace without his leave."

Even in a cell he stayed loyal...cmonnnn

And when Jon Snow decides against beheading Slynt...i dont have the quote....but i was yelling at the book until he has someone bring him longclaw.

The king pointed a finger at him. "I give you fair warning. If you force me to take the castle by storm, you might expect no mercy. I will hang you for traitors, every one of you."

"As the gods will it. Bring on your storm, my lord - and recall, if you do, the name of this castle."

Ser Cortnay Penrose. He deserved better than Melisandre's shadow babies.

''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' - from The Ned, no less.

''The most beautiful woman in the world has urgent need of my axe.'' - Just so... Victarion.

''Dont make me rue the day I raped your mother.'' - Hilariously evil from the Roose!

''From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails they pray.'' Badass from Euron.

''Elia and her children have waited long for justice. But this day they shall have it.'' Oberyn before the trial.

Just a few of my favourites.

I'm paraphrasing but when Stannis said 'I was trying to win the throne to defend the realm when I should be defending the realm to win the throne is what made me like Stannis.

What made me love Stannis was in Theon's sample TWOW chapther when he said 'Their men have high morale, mine are starving, Their men will be on horse whilst mine will be on foot but I hold the ground and I am going to win (because I am Stannis the fucking Mannis).

I'm paraphrasing but when Stannis said 'I was trying to win the throne to defend the realm when I should be defending the realm to win the throne is what made me like Stannis.

What made me love Stannis was in Theon's sample TWOW chapther when he said 'Their men have high morale, mine are starving, Their men will be on horse whilst mine will be on foot but I hold the ground and I am going to win (because I am Stannis the fucking Mannis).

"Tell me Turncloak. What battles has the Bastard of Bolton won that I should fear him?"

"Tell me Turncloak. What battles has the Bastard of Bolton won that I should fear him?"

Such a good line as well. I'm only on my first reread so I'm only now (currently at Battle of Blackwater) picking up on small things and epic lines like that. On my first read I was just reading so quickly to get as much story as possible.

"Timeon and Pyg can feed the crows. Nimble Dick will have a grave. He was a Crabb. This is his place."

I love that even after Brienne was constantly suspicious and wary of him, and was even prepared to kill him on several occasions, she still saw that he was a decent (enough) man that didn't deserve his fate and at least gave him the small dignity of burying him. Brienne's journey may have been somewhat dull, but I really like her character.

"Timeon and Pyg can feed the crows. Nimble Dick will have a grave. He was a Crabb. This is his place."

I love that even after Brienne was constantly suspicious and wary of him, and was even prepared to kill him on several occasions, she still saw that he was a decent (enough) man that didn't deserve his fate and at least gave him the small dignity of burying him. Brienne's journey may have been somewhat dull, but I really like her character.

ikr :crying:

Archived