Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arthur Dayne's Honor

Karmic Justice

43 posts in this topic

Janos Slynt's execution at Jons hands was one of the few instances of karmic justice in this series. What are some other examples of karmic justice that has happened and what are some instances of karmic justice that could happen.

Arya running into the Tickler and Polliver with the Hound at her side.

Kraznys mo Nakloz getting toasted by Drogon right after finding out Dany speaks Valyrian.

Joff dying the way he died. I also believe Tywin got what he deserved (I don't know if I'm in the minority in this regard). Ser Gregor, even if he is not "dead" he went through a terrible amount of pain.

Vargo Hoat, a man known as the "crippler" having his own limbs cut off. Although I'd say feeding his own limbs to him was a bit much.

I don't think Kraznys heard Dany speak Valeryian. That was show only.

He's too distracted by the dragon in the book and she Dany doesn't do the whole Valeryian is my mother tongue thing, because she is Westerosi.

Vargo Hoat, a man known as the "crippler" having his own limbs cut off. Although I'd say feeding his own limbs to him was a bit much.

Aye aye.

Also I guess Dany being repeatedly betrayed after what she did to Viserys.

Renly's death.

Cersei's walk of shame, just like Tytos' lover/second wife

Jaime becoming a cripple

Some that could happen:

- Victarion getting killed/betrayed by the dusky woman, since he beat a woman to death

- Ramsey gets eaten alive by his dogs

And it is harsh, but sansa losing lady after ahe layed is also karmic justice.

I have to disagree. Kids lie, and she thought she was in love. It's not karmic for her pet to be killed because of that lie.

Cersei's walk of shame, just like Tytos' lover/second wife

Cersei's whole predicament is karma, since it's precisely what she tried to do to Margaery.

And it is harsh, but sansa losing lady after ahe layed is also karmic justice.

Thats not really fair, since she claimed she couldn't remember what happened. To take sides would either betray her sister or betray her future husband who will be king one day.

I have to disagree. Kids lie, and she thought she was in love. It's not karmic for her pet to be killed because of that lie.

the karmic part is that by telling the truth she could end up saving aryas pet from the death sentence.... But yeah, Im confusing karmic justice with simple ironys.

Is there room to consider Ned Stark's beheading, considering what he did with Gared?

I know Gared was a deserter at the end of the day, and Ned was doing his duty. But all the same it's one to consider, on the grounds Gared was telling the truth, had just seen an Other, and was consumed by fear. Admittedly he should have gone back to the NW, but I have some sympathy for the guy.

the karmic part is that by telling the truth she could end up saving aryas pet from the death sentence.... But yeah, Im confusing karmic justice with simple ironys.

I think Nymeria was dead regardless if she was protecting Arya. Nymeria shed Blood of the Lion, she must be punished!