Worst name in the series?

That Demon Monkey

I dislike names that are obviously an attempt at being a "clever" re-wording of something descriptive about that particular character.

Hence my award for worse name goes to Damphair. It always breaks the fourth wall for me when his name pops up. I just sit there thinking "Did you really need to call a guy who worships the Drowned God "Damphair"? "

Second place is Lollys. We get it. She is a fatty and fatties eat lollies. It's still lame.

Essos in general just sucks for names. I read them and I just don't care or become engaged. I get it that you need to establish cultural differences and names are a great way to do that but come on! Why not use some solid Russian names like Sergei or something, not name that has 3 Q's and 7 X's with a bunch of random vowels in the middle.

I may dislike Danaerys herself but her name, like all Targ names, are cool. Viserys Targaryen is freaking awesome a name. These two names, Rhaegar Targaryen, Stannis Baratheon, Galbart Glove, Jason Mallister, Garlan Tyrell, Doran Martell, etc etc are so royal and noble sounding and fierce.

Then you get (quoting the great Stannis Bamfatheon here) stuff like Hizdahr the velociraptor, the shovel pail and stuff like that from Essos :D

Archived