Worst name in the series?

That Demon Monkey

I dislike names that are obviously an attempt at being a "clever" re-wording of something descriptive about that particular character.

Hence my award for worse name goes to Damphair. It always breaks the fourth wall for me when his name pops up. I just sit there thinking "Did you really need to call a guy who worships the Drowned God "Damphair"? "

Second place is Lollys. We get it. She is a fatty and fatties eat lollies. It's still lame.

Damphair is a nickname, from his habit of immersing himself. His name is Aeron. Lolly is pretty much a Briticsim. I think it's what we call a Popsicle here. At least lolly sticks look like Popsicle sticks to me.

Damphair is a nickname, from his habit of immersing himself. His name is Aeron. Lolly is pretty much a Briticsim. I think it's what we call a Popsicle here. At least lolly sticks look like Popsicle sticks to me.

A lolly over here is the same as you call a popsicle. And also we use it to refer to the iced ones on sticks, and even ice cream on a stick. We just call them iced lollies.

Not now that you've put that image in my mind. :angry:

Sometimes I wish he did talk like a disco-daddy-what-up-dog type of guy. Would've made Dany's chapters more fun for those that found them boring at times, no?

Cletus Yronwood never sat right with me

Yronwood (pronounced 'you're-on-wood) is a fucking awesome name, what are you talking about broseph? :D And Cletus sounds like some guy who uses a machete or something. Cool name.

Yronwood (pronounced 'you're-on-wood) is a fucking awesome name, what are you talking about broseph? :D And Cletus sounds like some guy who uses a machete or something. Cool name.

Oh, I agree that Yronwood is an awesome name (though I pronounce it as "Ironwood" in my head), but when it's combined with Cletus it just seems wrong. I think the guy from the Simpsons has forever tainted the name "Cletus" for me...

Oh, I agree that Yronwood is an awesome name (though I pronounce it as "Ironwood" in my head), but when it's combined with Cletus it just seems wrong. I think the guy from the Simpsons has forever tainted the name "Cletus" for me...

Exactly.

Not so much him, rather "Cletus van Damme" from the Shield..

First place is a tie between all Meereenese characters

Essos in general just sucks for names. I read them and I just don't care or become engaged. I get it that you need to establish cultural differences and names are a great way to do that but come on! Why not use some solid Russian names like Sergei or something, not name that has 3 Q's and 7 X's with a bunch of random vowels in the middle.

Qezzan, Reznak, Hizdahr, Qaggaz, excetera...

Hizdahr zo Loraq

Skahaz mo Kandaq

Reznak mo Reznak

Xaro Xhoan Daxos

Kraznyz mo Nakloz

...whoa! I sweat blood while typing those names. :P Did I spell them correctly? Better be.

One Westerosi character (I think it's Arch Yronwood) suggested, "I just call them all Harzoo." You might as well, because they are collectively the worst written characters in the novels. It's not just the names, it's equally hard to differentiate one from another based on their personalities. It's as if GRRM intended them all to blend together into a background of character mush.

Butterbumps

Butterbumps

Butterbumps

Knock Knock Penny, Knock Knock Penny, Knock Knock Penny

Victarion Whenever I hear it I think Transformers. "Iron Fleet combine into Victarion"

Jojen, just don't like it

Bowen Marsh, that's just a bad last name to have

There are some bad names but a lot of good ones

Arthur Dayne Great name and best title in the series Sword of the Morning.

Jon Snow

Eddard Stark

Rhaegar Targaryen

Lyanna Stark

Oberyn Martell

Syrio Forel

Mance Rayder last name is ok but the first name scores

Howland Reed It sounds like a green ninja

Missandei

Arya

Berristan Selmy

Love the Mormont names, they sound like Bears. Jeor Mormont