Would you finish the series?

Victarion10

If GRRM approached you and said "You can finish the series anyway you want and it will be published tomorrow", would you do it? Would you make it bias in favour of the characters you love and condemn those you hate? I could see a lot of Frey deaths and happy endings for the remaining Starks if some people here were to finish the series.

Personally I wouldn't (Even though I have a feeling all my favourites are going to die) and I have no problem with waiting for George to finish it.

Yeah, I would do it if I at least got a few notes on where GRRM want the characters to go, and if I got the chance to train my writing skills for 5 years or so. Otherwise no one would read it and everyone would hate me.

And I would be faithful to how he want it, with maybe a few minor changes.

An Italian writer named Antonio Tabucchi once said that when you start reading something you're making a deal with the writer: you accept that everything you read is real. So the story is real, and only GRRM knows how it actually went - I could never influence the upcoming events

Of course not..? I may write my own ending right now! Why make all of you suffer through it?

But I suppose i would (if possible) give him some directions onwards.. For example I would make Dany come to Westeros right away.. Make jon meet the only man able to provide the real happening at the tower of joy (I think you know who i am referring to ;)), and i suppose i would bring Viserys back (not like just waking up from the dead, but something more clever).

What if George was incapable of finishing/giving hints?

I would take a stab at it... provided I got a look at his secret basement with all the plot ilnes drawn over the walls.

I also would write it under a pseudonym and not tell my lawyers.

No way George... You got us in to this, now you can get us out too.

In all seriousness. What has me so engaged in this series is George's imagination. He has been taking us somewhere the whole time, it would not be satisfactory for me unless i get the ending GRRM wants.

Archived