Would you finish the series?

Victarion10

If I had all his notes -- not just about the rest of the series, but the entire series backhistory -- and unlimited opportunity to ask him as many questions as I needed answers to -- and if I had another five years to write the last two books...

...then, yes.

What I would not do is simply start from scratch to finish the story in the way I pleased, based on my interpretation and understanding of the world now and going back 10K years.

That path would lead to certain doom.

I wouldn't touch it. This is George's song. Only he has the voice to sing it and the talent to create it. I don't think anyone else has the talent to mimic his style and the creativity to complete these character's stories. It would ring hollow.

If George quits in midstream, we are screwed..

No way George... You got us in to this, now you can get us out too.

In all seriousness. What has me so engaged in this series is George's imagination. He has been taking us somewhere the whole time, it would not be satisfactory for me unless i get the ending GRRM wants.

This.

I wouldn't touch it. This is George's song. Only he has the voice to sing it and the talent to create it. I don't think anyone else has the talent to mimic his style and the creativity to complete these character's stories. It would ring hollow.

If George quits in midstream, we are screwed..

And this.

The George better make it to the finish. Lightning, acts of gods, heart attacks better steer clear of him.

If GRRM approached you and said "You can finish the series anyway you want and it will be published tomorrow", would you do it? Would you make it bias in favour of the characters you love and condemn those you hate? I could see a lot of Frey deaths and happy endings for the remaining Starks if some people here were to finish the series.

Personally I wouldn't (Even though I have a feeling all my favourites are going to die) and I have no problem with waiting for George to finish it.

I would try to make the ending as realistic as possible.

Archived