(Spoilers) The Griffin Reborn In S4?

Lord O' Stags

(SPOILERS) MY LORDS! Pray excuse me, I want you to take a moment to check my theory! Michael Huisman will play in the next season, his role is said to be a big secret. The same stands for Mark Gatiss. Which means their roles will be some that are not mentioned before. We know that the 5th season will be FFC + DWD. So, logically, there characters will appear around the end of the 4th season. Like Dany, they will make Huisman's character a bit older than in the books. So? The only logical explanation is this: Young Griff, a.k.a Aegon & Jon Connington. We know the show doesn't have a strict policy of following book POVs , so maybe we will see them before Tyrion does. It's just a suggestion, but in my opinion entirely possible, and it'd make a good season-end cliffhanger. I don't see a reason for their roles to be kept top secret if Mark was Bloodraven or something. :dunno:

He could be a Kettleblack, a member of the Night's Watch, a singer, a Wildling, an Iron Islander, someone involved with Dany, Arys Oakheart, Darkstar, Daemon Sand, one of the Queen's Men, or even Hyle Hunt. I don't really see him as Young Griff/Aegon(fAegon).

First off, Welcome to the Fourm. The fact that the character is a secret dose suggest that the he is someone from the books ( probably someone with a name) In an interview Mark said a clue is hair........ to me the natural assumption is Damphair, but I'm just guessing. You are right D&D could introduce YG and JC earlier, and your theory can not be disproven yet.

(SPOILERS) MY LORDS! Pray excuse me, I want you to take a moment to check my theory! Michael Huisman will play in the next season, his role is said to be a big secret. The same stands for Mark Gatiss. Which means their roles will be some that are not mentioned before. We know that the 5th season will be FFC + DWD. So, logically, there characters will appear around the end of the 4th season. Like Dany, they will make Huisman's character a bit older than in the books. So? The only logical explanation is this: Young Griff, a.k.a Aegon & Jon Connington. We know the show doesn't have a strict policy of following book POVs , so maybe we will see them before Tyrion does. It's just a suggestion, but in my opinion entirely possible, and it'd make a good season-end cliffhanger. I don't see a reason for their roles to be kept top secret if Mark was Bloodraven or something. :dunno:

1) They are filming at completely different times

2) Aegon is supposed to be around the same age as Daenerys, Robb and Jon. That makes Huisman about 7 years too old.

3) it would make no sense from a production or story standpoint for Tyrion to get that far in season 4.

4) unknown role != secret role. A great number of actors are in unknown roles until the season airs. I have seen nothing to suggest his role is secret, just that it hasn't been announced;.

My personal predictions:

Gatiss - I like to think he would be the High Sparrow in a cameo appearance in Brienne's travels, but since they were filming in different locations my guess is the Bloodraven. I don't believe he is Aeron, as we heard nothing about any other Ironborn filming at the time. We would have heard something about Patrick Malahide in the area if they were.

Huisman - It depends on where he is filming. If he is in Croatia then I think he could be a Kettleblack or possibly Hyle Hunt in a cameo. However, there is a photo of a ship set with a green screen behind it in NI. So if he is seen in Belfast my money is on Qarl/Tristifer Botley (or possibly both in a combined role). Unless I am very much mistaken he is the same age as Gemma Whelan (YarAsha), so this would fit perfectly.

I believe they said he would be filming in Croatia, and wouldn't be filming for very long kind of makes me think it could be a minor role. Given that the photo of him training is with a green screen and part of a ship is in the background I'm thinking maybe it could be Aurane Waters, The Bastard of Driftmark. Seems to be the right age because of the shows frequent aging up of younger characters. They have also stated that parts of slavers bay would be shooting in Croatia now too so it could be someone from that story arc. What do ya think?

Archived