Werthead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cassandra Clare update

Her books have more than 50 million copies in print worldwide

Veronica Roth update

Collectively, the trilogy has sold more than 37 million copies

James Dashner update

The bestselling science fiction series by James Dashner, which includes "The Maze Runner," "The Scorch Trials." "The Death Cure," and "The Kill Order," has sold over 14 million copies in all formats

Sarah J. Maas update (July 2016)

The combined series have had sales of over 3m copies to date, the publisher has said.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I just saw that. That's 22 million overall (including WoT).

An update to the SFF list has been on my schedule now for about three months. I may have to take day off work just to sort it out. Argh.

From the new Orbit UK catalogue:

https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/assets/LittleBrownBookGroup/files/Spring17CatalogueFINAL.pdf

Tom Holt

has sold almost 450,000 books in the UK alone

Claire North (Catherine Webb)

Over 300,000 copies of Claire North's books have been sold

Benedict Jacka

This series has sold over 130,000 copies across all formats, and the numbers continue to climb

Angus Watson

Over 40,000 copies of Watson's debut trilogy has been sold

• 2 weeks later...

Brandon Sanderson's opinion on WoT vs. ASoIaF sales numbers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stormlight_Archive/comments/59pum4/no_spoilers_brandon_sandersons_cosmere_books_to/da5hagv/

Wot is much, much smaller. George was even to WoT numbers before his television show. Now he's in a completely different league.

When WoT had new books coming out, it was bigger than my baseline of the Brandon/Jim/Pat level, but still nowhere near the place where GRRM is. But now that it doesn't have new books coming out, it might be at around half what it once was--though it will probably stay there for a long while, as people who were waiting for it to finish finally pick it up, and word of mouth continues to spread. If a television show ever DOES happen, it will rocket up (hopefully) to GRRM levels.)

15 hours ago, Jussi said:

He's wrong, to a certain extent and certainly for pre-2011 figures. Right now, yes, ASoIaF buries everything else (it's now outselling WoT 2:1 on a per-book basis, but WoT is ahead on overall sales), but before the TV show, nope, WoT had between half again and twice as many readers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/17/2016 at 3:58 AM, Werthead said:

Xanth is very strictly a US-centric phenomenon. I think the first few were published in the UK and sold so badly that no-one picked up the series again. Maybe it's done okay in translation somewhere, but I've never encountered references to a translated edition. It's probably sold a couple of million, but I think only 1 million is confirmed.

Piers Anthony’s Xanth Novels to Become Feature Film and TV Series

DRII is gonna have a fit! :P

Archived