Jon has no resemblance to his father? nothing at all?

Nami

Isn't weird how Jon has absolutely no physical resemblance to Rhaegar? Not even his height. Dany in her vision sees Rhaegar as a tall man, taller than Viserys, yet Jon also didn't get this from him.

He's all Stark, from hair to toe.

Isn't weird how Jon has absolutely no physical resemblance to Rhaegar? Not even his height. Dany in her vision sees Rhaegar as a tall man, taller than Viserys, yet Jon also didn't get this from him.

I think he may have looked at least a little like Rhaegar, that could account for GRRM making Maester Aemon's character blind, for someone who spent a good deal of time with Rhaegar he would almost certainly recognize more subtle similarities.

I think he may have looked at least a little like Rhaegar, that could account for GRRM making Maester Aemon's character blind, for someone who spent a good deal of time with Rhaegar he would almost certainly recognize more subtle similarities.

I thought Meister Aemon only talked with Rhaegar through letters

Which is pretty odd considering he never knew Rhaegar... Genetics do not interfere with ones temperament.

Actually I'm pretty sure that a lot of behavioral traits fall on the nature end of nature vs. nurture. Adopted kids, for example, tend to express the traits of their biological parents, not their adopted ones.

Which is pretty odd considering he never knew Rhaegar... Genetics do not interfere with ones temperament.

As a Psychiatrist, I say "The Hell They Don't!!!!".

Genetics walk all over environment when it comes to temperament. You can direct the innate tendencies, but you can't alter the fundamental shape.

There is a resemblance in how crows turn against jon and how rhaegar starts roberts rebelion...they both lack of communication skills, have some sort of secret agenda, and expect other people to follow their lead without complaining, both misscalculate the effect of their actions in other people and how those were going to react against it.

Umm..he may not look like Rhaegar but damn the Seven if i dont get the impression that Jon is basically how Rhaegar acted (without the Targ royalness).

which is pretty odd considering he never knew Rhaegar... Genetics do not interfere with ones temperament.

Peh. This is a fantasy story. GRRM is also very liberal and...wonky with genetics anyway. Im pretty sure he aimed to form an idea of what kind of person Rhaegar was through Jon. If this isnt his intent, ill fucking eat my hat. ALSO FUCKING NINJA'D BY LIKE EVERYBODY EVER! AGH. Although i never touched genetics. Its funny how my dad described his aunt who i met like once in my whole life when i was like 7. She sounded a lot like me. HUH!

How does Rhaegar come off to people? Standoffish but not exactly a douchecanoe. Melancholy, "eyes full of pain", brooding sort. Kept to himself, only a very small handful of people knew Rhaegar really really well. (like Ser Arthur. Sam is Jon's Ser Arthur! :D) He was well liked by many but a mystery as well. But also may have had a temper. GEE THIS SOUNDS FAMILIAR! Hrurr

How does Rhaegar come off to people? Standoffish but not exactly a douchecanoe. Melancholy, "eyes full of pain", brooding sort. Kept to himself, only a very small handful of people knew Rhaegar really really well. (like Ser Arthur. Sam is Jon's Ser Arthur! :D) He was well liked by many but a mystery as well. But also may have had a temper. GEE THIS SOUNDS FAMILIAR! Hrurr

You said it better than I did, just because you used the word "douchecanoe."

Archived