Who is really the Valonqar?

Yes, but the prophecy says "Hands" not "Hand" :P

Vuron- Yes but the hand is made for holding wine cups, not sure if it will fit around a throat

There's also, y'know, the chain of golden hands of the Hand of the King.

Now granted, Tyrion already used those to strangle Shae which makes them less likely (to me at least), but the point remains that referring to someone wrapping their hands around somebody's throat - with strangulation being the result - doesn't necessarily refer to two hands of flesh.

The volanqar could be gender neutral, Melara just translated it as a younger brother

Could be. Sure. But there's no knowing that, are any other words than Dragon gender-neutral in Valyrian (that we know of) ? It doesn't appear to be a general feature of the language.

Jaime or Tyrion.

Tyrion is too obvious. Jaime hates her the most right now.

I no longer believe Cersei's notion that she and Jaime are destined to die together. Just the idea of Cersei being that romantic is laughable.

If it had to be anyone outside of her family (which makes no sense, at all) then I would say: the Hound.

Stannis will never reach King's Landing nor will he ever sit the Iron Throne. It is known.

Jaime makes more sense than any ther option. He could finally start being more of a father and do it to save Tommen from her crazy!

Or it could be Tyrion. This whole notion of being wary of prophecies. She try's to destroy Tyrion because of a prophecy and in doing so makes it come true by driving him to kill her.

Or maybe it's Kevan.

Jaime makes more sense than any ther option. He could finally start being more of a father and do it to save Tommen from her crazy!

Or it could be Tyrion. This whole notion of being wary of prophecies. She try's to destroy Tyrion because of a prophecy and in doing so makes it come true by driving him to kill her.

Or maybe it's Kevan.

Has Kevan been turned into a wight by the Others?

That'd be a very interesting read.

Still think it's Jaime. I don't buy for a second that it's just any random little brother running around. And there's the fact that despite being twins, Cersei is older. I think that's important.

As to the Hands ... I think the clue here could be in how Shae was killed. Think about it. Although I think Jaime's regular hand and gold hand still fit perfectly fine.

Yes but now her uncle is dead she will be more paranoid

It's Jaime. I'd bet good money on that.

The more interesting question is whether Maggy is going to be right. So far, her prophesies have turned out to be fairly accurate - but of course, Cersei has made that happen, the classic self-fulfilling prophesy.

Cersei is kinda at a crossroads here, the humiliation of the Walk of Shame can either fuel her paranoia and insanity, or it might potentially bring her back from the brink. The only way (IMO) that Cersei isn't going to die as prophesied, is if she stops worrying about it. For my money, she's too far gone - she's never been the poster child of sanity - and will end up alienating Jaime to the point of murder.

Vuron- Yes but the hand is made for holding wine cups, not sure if it will fit around a throat

There is the Hand's chain, which I think Jaime will wear when he becomes Hand after Mace's death, just to keep things running.

My little brother has known a hundred whores, I'm sure, but I've only ever bedded one.

Jaime saved Tyrion from Queen Cersei's wrath, and after he helped Tyrion escape, Tyrion killed his whore, Shae by strangling her with the Hand's chain. Tyrion will save Jaime from Queen Dany's wrath after Jaime is captured in battle, and after that he will kill his described whore, Cersei, by strangling her with the Hand's chain.

You beat me to it. :)

Stannis seems fairly plausible. I'll go with that.

Love your avatar Martini sigil

While I think that jamie is the obvious choice, I do like the idea of it being Stannis. He has the cold and calculating streak that would enable him to just keep squeezing until Cercei's eyes popped. jaime would have to be in a real rage, perhaps blaming her for the death of their three kids, or maybe finding out that she had had Brienne bumped off, but with Jaime, strangulation would be a spur of the moment thing IMO.

jaime would have to be in a real rage, perhaps blaming her for the death of their three kids, or maybe finding out that she had had Brienne bumped off, but with Jaime, strangulation would be a spur of the moment thing IMO.

I agree. I have a hard time picturing Jaime actually planning to kill Cersei; he has never really struck me as someone who plots/plans ahead. But strangling her in a rage? Absolutely.

I am still of the believe that the Strangling device that killed Brandon Stark before the series is a torture device that is said to have came from Essos( I think it was during the Cat Jaime conversation) is call the Valonqar. Some one in the Faith will find it maybe while investigating Qyburn's actions in the black cells, where torture devices will likely be stored. Was valonqar capitalized or not cannot remember?

That's an interesting idea. I am absolutely sure it will NOT be Jaime. He is far too developed

and complex a character at this point to kill his own sister. He doesn't have him in him. Tyrion

is Tywin's real son. There's just no way it can happen characterologically. The Aerys II thing

I could see....but it's far more likely to be Stannis or Arya or some other little brother. Jaime

is no longer a character capable of those kind of murderous, impulsive, vengeful acts.

Archived