The Mountain recast!

Steinnis

The next time you feel bad about how hard it is to find clothes that fit, think of Mr. Bjoernsson...

• Height: 6'9" in // 2.06 m
  • Weight: 419 lbs // 190 kg

Jeezus, I just checked out his "Personal Records" on his Wikipedia page....

• Squat - 350 kg (772 lbs.) raw
  • Bench press - 230 kg (507 lbs.) raw
  • Strongman Deadlift - 400 kg (882 lbs.) raw with wrist straps
  • Loglift - 192.5 kg (424 lbs.)

I think I'll hit the gym this afternoon... :-)

I like the idea of just getting someone who is physically correct for the role. I think that's all you need. The Mountain should be an easy role to play. There isn't a whole lot of nuance. Grunts, yells, screams. I think the big guy can pull it off.

Yes exactly. All that is required for this role is to be 'mountainous' in stature and physically intimidating. Which this guy has in spades. He won't have to pull off the dialogue of Peter Dinklage or Charles Dance.

I'm just laughing (not at them) but because Elio and Linda said in one of their reviews that GoT isn't sensitive to recasting, and that they could've recast Theon if Alfie had quit the show.

Everyone is making a shitstorm because the effing Mountain, who's more a big prop than a character in both show and books was recast, imagine if they had recast Theon.

Never underestimate the fandom, I guess. :dunno:

Looks like Thor is getting himself into character:

New look ! 👍 Or 👎 #darkhair #new #mirror #beard #croatia @kolbrunsjofn

A photo posted by Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (@thorbjornsson) on Sep 1, 2013 at 1:29pm PDT

Put that photo up side by side with Conan Stevens' Mountain in S1:

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/33503/conan%20stevens_02.jpg

Not sure how anyone would be able to tell the difference. Especially after 3 seasons of not seeing the guy. It all works so much better if you just assume that the big tall guy at Harrenhaal in S2 was just a tall random Lannister henchman. That's what 99% of the casual audience thought anyways, it's probably easier to just go with that. I'm sure that's how the producers would like everyone to think in retrospect.

So this picture pretty much confirms we’ll see him without his helmet… I’m glad of it ! I really hope they give the Mountain two or three scenes to build up the character before THE scene.

They should have recast the role with the guy who played in Sherlock Holmes with RDD. The guy was a wrestler named Kurrgan and he's a 7 footer and well above 350 pounds. Not only that, but he's acted before, he looks older and can look quite a bit like Sandors bro. And he also sounds intensely scary.

Kurrgan has a very strong French Canadian accent though, in any role I've seen him in and especially in wrestling he had it.

The Mountain is really only speaking during the duel and wouldn't he be fully suited and helmed up? So they could dub him easily if that was the case.

Looks like Thor is getting himself into character:

http://instagram.com/p/duzLVLALkC/#

Put that photo up side by side with Conan Stevens' Mountain in S1:

http://media.comicbo... stevens_02.jpg

Not sure how anyone would be able to tell the difference. Especially after 3 seasons of not seeing the guy. It all works so much better if you just assume that the big tall guy at Harrenhaal in S2 was just a tall random Lannister henchman. That's what 99% of the casual audience thought anyways, it's probably easier to just go with that. I'm sure that's how the producers would like everyone to think in retrospect.

I think hes going to look more terrifying than Conan! Cheers!

Ian Whyte had a great Darth Vader voice though, just his build didn't match up. This dude looks great. I think however that the Mountain works better when you don't see his face. Just have Yao Ming play the part and keep his helm on all the time. Someone else can do the voice when they edit.

Archived