Give the Unsullied some credit!

Honourable Ser

Lot's of people complaining about the recent recastings, particularly Daario. I agree, I'm really disappointed to be losing Ed Skrein (if the reports are accurate)...but it's not the end of the world! Most of the recastings are on VERY minor characters, with only Daario and perhaps Tommen being major recastings (I won't count the Mountain, not enough screen time). I read one comment that said the fourth season "can no longer be epic", or words to that effect. It's preposterous, the average viewer will be able to keep up with these recastings and I see no reason why we fanatics shouldn't accept them as well and just move on. It won't destroy the show, it's just one of those things that happens unfortunately. Let's give the actors a chance and not start moaning immediately. Rant over.

I do think people underestimate show-only fans way too much. Some (like my mother) are very astute and even do rewatches to find hidden bits of foreshadowing and information. My mum did remember Marten Lannister so she is going to notice Tommen's recast. Gregor, she may not notice too much because we've only seen him like three times during the entire series so far. Hell, i didnt notice his recast in season 2 until it was pointed out. Daario, well yeah, everyone who follows the show is going to notice that one. Maybe the new actor for Daario will be even better! We dont know yet. Making Daario likable is a good thing if they want to show us why Dany falls for him.

It does bother me when people say "unsullied fans wont pick up these clues or this character!' The only thing i noticed show-fans find tricky is keeping everyone's names straight. But hell, even book fans tend to do that.

I'm not too bothered overall, the mountain recast was a good one, based on looks alone, neccesary also IMO. Tommen is a non issue wasn't even in s3... the only one that puzzles me is the new Dario recast... something must be up with Ed Skrein :dunno: .

It's possible that they might experiment with Daario dying his hair blue, as a member of Dany's court, bringing it up as a Tyroshi custom and something that may be relevant in future seasons. And then he can grow a beard and dye it.

If Dany's story is a few months down the line when we next see her, then he may already have the blue-beard. Although it would need some dialogue to explain.

Archived