[TWoW Spoilers] Worldcon reading: second Tyrion chapter

Joseph Nobles

Why are you here commenting on this then? lol Who's Tyrion? Seriously? LOL

Umm, seriously?

He's commenting here because he's a troll and being sarcastic of course.

oO

Do you need a SARCASM written bold size 50 to understand it ?

You got me.

WHAT WHAT WHAT? Is this a tyrion chapter from TWOW? So we have......1x Theon, 1x aleanne, 1x Victarion and 1x princess and the queen chapters out there as spoilers???

Damn im getting exited!

GRRM released one arriane, one theon and I think one victarion, but read 2 baristan 2 tyrion and one more arriane...

so there are 2x barristan 1x tyrion and 1x arriane i don't know of and havn't read??? omg!

Please someone send me to it! Link :bowdown:

Check out the pinned topics at the top of this sub-forum, they're named 'Barristan I' and 'Arianne II' etc Some summaries, some chapters.

What exactly is GRRMarillion?

It's the cheeky name for all the stuff about Westeros that won't fit in ASOIAF. Just like Tolkien's Silmarillion, the GRRMarillion would have all the background stories, character work, etc. That Martin would refer to it with exactly this name bodes well for something like it being released.

But the Girl General is supposed to be a Yunkai :

http://awoiaf.wester...hp/Girl_General

I don't undestand.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the report !

And wow, dragons ! Does that mean Victarion succeeded in taming them ? Or are they just flying and eating/burning people randomly ?

I can't wait to know...

The Yunkaish are throwing victims of the "pale mare" to Meereen with the trebuchets in order to spread the disease. Viserion who smelled blood is grabbing the bodies in the air and eating them. At least that's what I understood.

Thank you for posting this so much Joseph Noble. I'm really excited for the way TWOW is shaping up. Right off the battle we're going to get dragon's eating burning men, shifting alliances, catapults fling bodies, and a naval/land battle on one hand and on the other we're getting also a battle on a frozen lake in the middle of a snowstorm with knights and clansmen. By the way, how is he going to show the Battle of Meeren and the Battle of Winterfell at the beginning of the book because both seem to be set up like the Blackwater chapters where a group of consecutive chapters happen in the same place. I don't think that can work because we can't find out what's going on everywhere beyond the North/Mereen two hundred pages in yet if the battle chapters are split [e.g-putting a Jamie between Tyrion I and Barristan II] it loses that cohesion and momentum. What are your thoughts on this? Am I being silly or could having two Blackwater-esque battles be a problem in the flow of the book as a whole?

The Yunkaish are throwing victims of the "pale mare" to Meereen with the trebuchets in order to spread the disease. Viserion who smelled blood is grabbing the bodies in the air and eating them. At least that's what I understood.

Viserion is cooking his meat before he eats it, to be clear. So he should be alright.

Thank you for posting this so much Joseph Noble. I'm really excited for the way TWOW is shaping up. Right off the battle we're going to get dragon's eating burning men, shifting alliances, catapults fling bodies, and a naval/land battle on one hand and on the other we're getting also a battle on a frozen lake in the middle of a snowstorm with knights and clansmen. By the way, how is he going to show the Battle of Meeren and the Battle of Winterfell at the beginning of the book because both seem to be set up like the Blackwater chapters where a group of consecutive chapters happen in the same place. I don't think that can work because we can't find out what's going on everywhere beyond the North/Mereen two hundred pages in yet if the battle chapters are split [e.g-putting a Jamie between Tyrion I and Barristan II] it loses that cohesion and momentum. What are your thoughts on this? Am I being silly or could having two Blackwater-esque battles be a problem in the flow of the book as a whole?

I think that this is a very interesting concern. So far we know that The Battle for Meereen will consist of 5 chapters (that have been read) + any number of other chapters. It seems quite clear that the action is not over at the end of Tyrion II. It also seems likely that a Victarion chapter is slotted amongst the 5 chapters that have been read.

'Blackwater' was only 6 chapters long, so Meereen is going to be much bigger.

I would suspect that the Battle on the Ice will be a much smaller (in terms of chapter numbers) affair as we only have two viewpoints in that location.

If I had to guess on the structure of the book - I would expect something similar to ADWD, certain locations got prominence in different parts of the story. The ending was very Meereen heavy between Barristan, Quentyn and Daenerys - but the Davos story was very prominent around Pg 400.

So: I think that we will see, Theon I as the first chapter, as well as an early chapter for some of the more heavily featured players (for example Arianne and Dany), before we dive into the Battle on the Ice. I then suspect we will check in with Arianne again after that, before heading over to the Battle of Fire around the Pg. 100-150 mark.

Only after these two battles are done will the action return to King's Landing and the Wall.

Archived