Corn Code Revision 8. The Game of Thrones exposed.

Ser Creighton

Well I am not finished yet but simply put Martin marks death with a 3 pattern like "Corn, Corn, Corn" it's a verbal pattern, it's always said and you have to read it as if it is being said to you.. I don't know if you read the new revision with Hodor. But I have expanded upon the theory. Corn is not really that important it's only the 3 pattern I call it the corn code because that is where I found the pattern. What you just wrote "I want my bride back 3 times. That is basically the pattern but it has to be said it's verbal text save a couple of anomalies.

Punctuation is also important. "!" exclamation mark. This marks a major death event. It looks like this "Hodor!" "Hodor!" "Hodor!" That's a pattern although it could be meant instead of Hodor or Corn or Snow or whatever. This pattern with the exclamation mark was used to mark the red wedding years in advance, Ned Starks death and the first time we see a White Walker. If you have time give the new revision a look, it is very different from the original and these are still only the rough drafts. I like the name Corn Code that is why I am sticking with it but any word would do, Hodor Code, Martin code, doesn't matter. Just remember it needs to be verbal said out loud. Thinking can name a subject of the code, but unless it is verbal "Corn" text, it's not the code.

And Dr. Pepper thank you for posting and reading it, that was really nice of you. By the way your post on the Corn King fixed code, I kept thinking Corn meant death early on. Then realized it doesn't. I started with the 3 pattern in corn and it mean death. But in single use it didn't at least not often. Then I realized it was the consecutive 3 pattern, not the word. So I went from there.

Ok, I'm going back through the revised OP. It's taking a while as I'm anal and double check things but I think I'm getting the gist of it.

So, with this pattern you have uncovered, does the raven at the Lord Commander-moot fit? The part where he comes out of the kettle screaming snow?

The raven landed on the table nearest Jon. “Snow,” it cawed. It was an old bird , dirty and bedraggled. “Snow,” it said again, “Snow, snow, snow.”

A few sentences later it says "Kettle? Kettle? Kettle?" I'm not sure if that counts as you've remarked on punctuation issues.

Wow this is an absolutely amazing read. The first really new and exciting thing I've read in a while! So well done. Please do more. It has prompted me to do another reread.

The first thing that came to my mind hearing this was Patchface and his "oh oh oh's". Think it's relevant? Would be interested in your patchface findings, I saw that you did indeed mention him in this thread, but did not go into detail. Would love to see more.

I will be eagerly following this thread!

Ok, I'm going back through the revised OP. It's taking a while as I'm anal and double check things but I think I'm getting the gist of it.

So, with this pattern you have uncovered, does the raven at the Lord Commander-moot fit? The part where he comes out of the kettle screaming snow?

The raven landed on the table nearest Jon. “Snow,” it cawed. It was an old bird , dirty and bedraggled. “Snow,” it said again, “Snow, snow, snow.”

A few sentences later it says "Kettle? Kettle? Kettle?" I'm not sure if that counts as you've remarked on punctuation issues.

Those are perfect. Yes that is a pattern code, thank you for reminding me about the punctuation. The first use of snow is not part of the patttern it is singular and broken away from the code. It's meaning I don't know, basically it's to far out of the pattern. It has a coma, a period another coma and another period. Now in Thrones Martin had bit of an odd pattern for certain future events, we see this in Neds pattern. It's a 4 code of sorts.

"Snow," (this sets the pattern the word is Snow) it said again, (discriptive pattern break this is the future) Snow, snow, snow." the least dangerous of the patterns. Basically this is like saying things can get dangerous. The subject is Jon as he is named. So things can get dangerous Jon. "Kettle? Kettle? Kettle? The kettle is the subject, no question and Jon is being voted on. When the question marks apear this is uncertanity about a subject. In this case the kettle. This patter also appears in Dance when Jon gets the pink sealed letter. The letter was the subject. The kettle is what the vote takes place in. There is no death code here. How it reads is basically this could be dangerous for Jon, does he have the votes. The Danger clearly comes from who he is running against. Slynt.

Punctuation.

1. (") Outside of a couple of anomalies in the books the code is always in quotation marks. It has to be it is verbal. The one exception may be a sound, someting heard, but I have only seen that twice.

2. ! the exclimation mark. This is the big one. This is the no fucking around code, it's the event horizon. You see this "Corn! Corn! Corn!" or any of it's like and it is a primary event in the Books. The first White Walker, the red wedding, Ned Stark. This is that code. If you see it once "Burn, burn, burn!" It's important but not world breaking. In the case of the Burn! They discover fire kills White Walkers and it also marks the first death of a White Walker.

3. (.) The period, does what a period does.

4. (,) coma does what a coma does.

5. (?) "Corn? Corn? Corn?" It does really what a question mark does. It questions the subject, whatever it may be. In Dance it questions the letter, in your example the kettle. Very important. Figure out the subject and you know what is being questioned. One question mark, may be a little differnt I am still looking for more examples of this. "Hodor, Hodor, hodor?" See the last small hodor? That's the kill word or the final word I should say, it has to match the other 2 to be a sure kill. Otherwise it's just a chance of death a coin flip so to speak. So a question about the death. When Hodor is looking at the Walders there is a question of death. But he is looking at 2 people. Then the horse wikers and its little Walders horse. Martin did that for a reason. He marked the target. Note that big Walder is not mentioned, just little Walder.

As you have seen with Kettle and Snow sometimes the subject is the word and that makes understanding the code all that easier. Like if the subject is a letter and you get "Corn? Corn? Corn?" that letter is total bullshit.

Wow this is an absolutely amazing read. The first really new and exciting thing I've read in a while! So well done. Please do more. It has prompted me to do another reread.

The first thing that came to my mind hearing this was Patchface and his "oh oh oh's". Think it's relevant? Would be interested in your patchface findings, I saw that you did indeed mention him in this thread, but did not go into detail. Would love to see more.

I am looking into Patchface but "oh oh oh" without punctuation is one sound, 3 syllables but one sound. Now when he says "fool, fool, fool" to a dying man that's the code.

Using this corn code I would like to propose a crackpot.

What if Hodor too, like Mormont's raven has been warged by bloodraven?

Well not that I think that is crackpot, but the code is not bloodraven it exists without him. Dany uses, Bran, Robert etc... The code is Martin.

Want an example of how Martin makes sure not to use the code. Go to the end of chapter 6 in thrones and watch how he breaks up the word King. The raven says it 3 times however it is broken up by other verbal text and the third is totally separated from the first two. If he uses a 3 count on a non kill subject he always goes out of his way to break up the verbal text. See how kettle was done, he could do that everytime, but he doesn't he breaks up the three count into patterns he needs to mark what he wants to they way he wants to.

Figured out the 4 pattern. It's used to maintain the correct puntuation for the code when the code is indicating the future.

"Snow," the raven cried. "Snow. snow, snow."

If you try this pattern without the extra "Snow" it looks like this "Snow" the raven cried. "Snow, snow." changes the meaning of the pattern.

Question regarding the following below. Bran AGOT. page 201. Bran is feeling bitter over his loss of legs.

Old Nan is with him.

" I know a story about a little boy who hated stories," Old Nan said with her stupid little smile, her needles moving all the while, click click click, until Bran was ready to scream at her.

She moves on to tell him the story of the Others and the last hero.

" In that darkness, the Others came for the first time, " she said as her needles went click click click.

Would this pattern fit into your sound by 3's a sound but not a spoken word? If so is this referring to Old Nan herself or is is a subtle clue that Bran himself will be going north beyond the Wall where the Others are and will he in fact be the last hero.

That flashed to my mind, too. We know that Patchface is prescient, and reveals things, but understanding what he is referring to can be difficult. The odd thing that I have always noticed about his sayings is that it is "oh-oh, oh" which is an odd cadence, but is a set (three). I have a listing of all of his sayings (somewhere!) that are precise, so I will need to review them with this information in hand.

What a really well done topic. The logic is so compelling that it sells itself. I am convinced. Just when I was saying to myself that every new topic sounds like a dozen that came before it something like this comes up and we all get re-energized. Good job.

jet199 mentiioned the three "I love you"s from Cersei to Jamie. I wonder if that signifies the death of his love for her. Can the death be symbolic or must some person actually die?

Top. Three. Best. Posts. Ever. I'm ever so serious. J. Stargaryen is number 1 for me.Anything posted by him/her I'll read. Then this thread is tied with Howland + Ashara= Meera & Jojen. ....wait sorry top four I almost forgot about the Oberyn poisoned Tywin thread. All really good posts.

Question regarding the following below. Bran AGOT. page 201. Bran is feeling bitter over his loss of legs.

Old Nan is with him.

" I know a story about a little boy who hated stories," Old Nan said with her stupid little smile, her needles moving all the while, click click click, until Bran was ready to scream at her.

She moves on to tell him the story of the Others and the last hero.

" In that darkness, the Others came for the first time, " she said as her needles went click click click.

Would this pattern fit into your sound by 3's a sound but not a spoken word? If so is this referring to Old Nan herself or is is a subtle clue that Bran himself will be going north beyond the Wall where the Others are and will he in fact be the last hero.

It's a clue, a hint if you will but it's not part of the pattern, note that Martin puts no punctuation on the click click click. It's a hint about the others which is the story she is telling. But it's not cause and affect. "click, clikc, click." would be a death code. Someone would be marked, this shows how important the punctuation is. I wrote the punctuation down for Dr. Pepper and will be adding it to the OP. It has to quotation marks. This is more like a whisper of death. It's kind of creepy but nothing is being marked, no choice made, there is no subject. Just a clue about the Others being death. It's a nice catch, and Martin is teasing there, much like he is teasing about the Others with the story.

That flashed to my mind, too. We know that Patchface is prescient, and reveals things, but understanding what he is referring to can be difficult. The odd thing that I have always noticed about his sayings is that it is "oh-oh, oh" which is an odd cadence, but is a set (three). I have a listing of all of his sayings (somewhere!) that are precise, so I will need to review them with this information in hand.

It's not just the "oh,oh,oh" it can be a phrase repeated 3 times in a row from him as well. I am also looking into the Bards and I have a really interesting code that I think is Cat's death code and may even show that not only will she not die, well she will die, but that she will be back under a different name.

So, I'm just rereading ADWD and don't know if it has been metioned yet. But in the chapter where Jon lets Tormund through the wall, after he leaves his tent the raven appears and says:

"Corn," it cried. "Corn, corn, corn."

The next thing the raven says is "Snow"

What is your take on these 4 corns?

I have already listed the meaning of 4 Corns and that is actually one of the examples. But I will be happy to put it down again for you.

The importance is on the 3 pattern, it has to maintain it's pattern. This pattern "Corn, corn, corn." has been the toughest for me to date but I finally get the full meaning. I could not figure it out till I found the first use of it. Which is uttered by Robert to Ned. "Corn, corn, corn." This represents heading down a dangerous road. What the subject is doing is heading in a dangerous direction basically. So now for the 4 count.

The pattern your asking about is the future pattern for this which is always marked by the descriptive text break. However in order to maintain the punctuation Martin has to add a 4th corn. I'll show you.

"Corn," (descriptive text break). "Corn, corn, corn." The direction Jon is taking here is going to head him down a dangerous road in the future.

Now watch what happens without the extra corn. "Corn, the raven cried. Corn, corn." The pattern changes from the 1 pattern to the 2 pattern. It changes the meaning. Martin is forced to use another corn to maintain the integrity of the pattern here.

Archived