Corn Code Revision 8. The Game of Thrones exposed.

Ser Creighton

Very interesting.

Did you come across the following texts during any of your revisions? If you have, what do you make of them?

Quote 1:

Clever bird, clever man, clever clever fool,” said Patchface, jangling. “Oh, clever clever clever fool.”

--Prologue, ACoK

Quote 2:

“The shadows come to dance, my lord, dance my lord, dance my lord,” he sang, hopping from one foot to the other and back again. “The shadows come to stay, my lord, stay my lord, stay my lord.

--Prologue, ACoK

Quote 3:

Lord,” the white raven shrieked. “Lord, lord, lord.

--Prologue, ACoK

Quote 4:

Sansa’s fingers tightened round her spoon. The truth? I can’t. Don’t ask it, please, I can’t. “I... I... I...

--Sansa I, ASoS

Quote 5

A bear there was, a bear, a BEAR! All black and brown, and covered with hair...”

--Sansa I, ASoS

Quote 6:

“... DANCED AND SPUN, ALL THE WAY TO THE FAIR! THE FAIR! THE FAIR!

--Sansa I, ASoS

Quote 7

HER HAIR! HER HAIR! THE MAID WITH HONEY IN HER HAIR!”

--Sansa I, ASoS

Quote 8:

“I CALLED FOR A KNIGHT, BUT YOU’RE A BEAR! A BEAR! A BEAR! ALL BLACK AND BROWN AND COVERED WITH HAIR!”

--Sansa I, ASoS

Quote 9:

“SHE KICKED AND WAILED, THE MAID SO FAIR, BUT HE LICKED THE HONEY FROM HER HAIR. HER HAIR! HER HAIR! HE LICKED THE HONEY FROM HER HAIR!”

--Sansa I, ASoS

I am specially interested in how you interpret Quote 4. Thanks.

hahaha

I've had this bookmarked for a few days, meaning to go through it thoroughly, and every single time I've clicked on the link, you've revised...omg! From one to eight in only a few days! :D

I am in awe of your dedication, and will do my best to keep up in the future. I'm overjoyed that you've taken the time to figure out all the little nuances/speech patterns, for I haven't, and my re-reads of the books will be much more interesting now that you given a template of sorts...

Thank you!

:cheers:

Yes Ser Creighton, I did see the reply you posted to me about the phrase Grant. It does make sense as well. Thank you!

Now having said that and in agreement with you I am still troubled by the foreshadowing associated with Alys. I did not post one other phrase Jon speaks to her..and it also is strong foreshadowing. Moreover, when I looked at Jon's conversation with her uncle in the ice cell..the italics caught my eye. Not a code but as you all know Martin writes parallel story lines between the stories in Essos with Dany, the story line in the south at KL, the story line among characters. What do I mean by that?

Grolio is the character associated with Davos. Both sea admirals but no fleet. Both family men who think and express that they want to go home to be with their famiy. Grolio becomes a hostage, so did Davos with Manderly. Grolio is killed and his head is tossed in front of Hizdar and his court. Manderly does almost the same thing but he uses a stand it for Davos to fool the Freys and get his son the hostage back. Barristan Selmy is so mad when he sees Grolio's head and he thinks how he would like to dance with Bloodbeard one day. So what has Martin done? He has two characters very similar; one dies Grolio but Davos still lives as far as we know. Robb, Jon, Jamie, similar. Robb died, Jon is confronted with similar situations as Robb but Jon's choices are different than Robb's and Jon is still alive. Many similar choices between Dany's story arch and Jons. Jon is making different choices than Dany and it seems to help him at least deal with the freed people (wildlings) a bit better than Dany's choices with the Astapori fleeing to Meereen.

For this reason, looking at Jeyne Poole, Alys Karstark, and our real Arya..I think Martin might kill off one of the two characters linked to the real Arya..Jeyne or Alys. I totally believe in the corn key but I also think phrases that foreshadow are other clues that I have chosen to include..hence my concern over Alys as a character.

When Jon speaks to the jerk in the ice cell he thinks that he should cut off his head and give it to Alys as a wedding present but he dare not. Sounds like Barristan Selmy thinking, Robb thinking..but Jon holds himself in check..however it would not surprise me one bit to see someone's head roll in front of Queen Selyse, Melisandre, or Axel Florent in the next book. I think we might see some type of similar situation at the Wall very similar to what is happening in Meereen. Dany is gone and there are factions playing against factions while she is out of comission. Could see something very similar happen at the Wall. I could see Night's Watch loyal to Jon and aligning with Wildlings against a group of NW who are loyal to someone else. Also Queen Selyse and her group..

Sorry this is long, just me musing aloud.

One thing I would also like to chime in about. I love what Ser Creighton wrote in the OP regarding why Martin would write a code in the books. We are the reader get to play the game of thrones with George and if we get it right, he gives us a cookie. Spot on Ser Creighton!

For years people on this forum have speculated what the words the raven speaks mean. I have seen quite a few threads with people discussing the words and going over and over them. Ser Creighton has discovered the true meaning of the words the raven speaks plus Hodor. The pattern works and I am in awe of his finding the code. Well done Ser Creighton !

I'll throw my hat in the ring, tell me if I've gotten this proper, forgive me if this has been mentioned:

"Under the sea, men marry fishes." Patchface did a little dance step, jingling his bells. "They do, they do, they do."

Queen Selyse sniffed again. "Four marriages can be made as simply as three. It is past time that this woman Val was settled, Lord Snow. I have decided that she shall wed my good and leal knight, Ser Patrek of King's Mountain."

Ser Patrek's kill code?

Very interesting.

Did you come across the following texts during any of your revisions? If you have, what do you make of them?

Quote 1:

“Clever bird, clever man, clever clever fool,” said Patchface, jangling. “Oh, clever clever clever fool.”

--Prologue, ACoK

Quote 2:

“The shadows come to dance, my lord, dance my lord, dance my lord,” he sang, hopping from one foot to the other and back again. “The shadows come to stay, my lord, stay my lord, stay my lord.”

--Prologue, ACoK

Quote 3:

“Lord,” the white raven shrieked. “Lord, lord, lord.”

--Prologue, ACoK

Quote 4:

Sansa’s fingers tightened round her spoon. The truth? I can’t. Don’t ask it, please, I can’t. “I... I... I...”

--Sansa I, ASoS

Quote 5

“A bear there was, a bear, a BEAR! All black and brown, and covered with hair...”

--Sansa I, ASoS

Quote 6:

“... DANCED AND SPUN, ALL THE WAY TO THE FAIR! THE FAIR! THE FAIR!”

--Sansa I, ASoS

Quote 7

“HER HAIR! HER HAIR! THE MAID WITH HONEY IN HER HAIR!”

--Sansa I, ASoS

Quote 8:

“I CALLED FOR A KNIGHT, BUT YOU’RE A BEAR! A BEAR! A BEAR! ALL BLACK AND BROWN AND COVERED WITH HAIR!”

--Sansa I, ASoS

Quote 9:

“SHE KICKED AND WAILED, THE MAID SO FAIR, BUT HE LICKED THE HONEY FROM HER HAIR. HER HAIR! HER HAIR! HE LICKED THE HONEY FROM HER HAIR!”

--Sansa I, ASoS

I am specially interested in how you interpret Quote 4. Thanks.

Ok that's a lot, now if you look at the Op a lot of these are near death codes. Patchface uses them all the time. Why? Because he is with Shireen. But I will go over them one at a time to show you what I am talking about.

1. Clever bird, clever man, clever, clever fool." There are 4 in the pattern not 3, and the first one is in caps. Looks like a death code for a second. But it's really a danger code. As for clever clever clever there is no puntuation. These are what I mean that Martin is trolling with the codes and why they are puzzles. You got to be cearful when you read them, they have meaning and they are pointing to death and danger, but it's not quiet there yet.

2. "The shadows cone to dance, my lord, dance my lord, dance my lord." This is a 4 pattern remember the punctuation. The punctuation is important it defines the code. This yet another 4 pattern, looks like a code for a second but it isn't. First word sets the pattern. The first word is "The" so you have "The, my, dance, dance." A kill code would look like this "My, sand the fool. "My lord, My lord dance, My lord dance."

"The shadows come to stay, my lord, stay my lord, stay my lord." Ok quiz time what is wrong with this code? What is the first word and and what is the count, is it 3 or more? The whole thing is verbal and there is no descriptive text so it's not a future pattern. So answer the other two question. I don't just want to hand out answers I want people to understand this and I am sorry it is so complex.

3. Is a code, it's a future danger code. Take note of who is in the room.

4. "I... I... I..." Not sure I have not worked with any ellipsis to date, and I don't know if their is anythign to cross compare it too. Though in the books it is a spaced ellipsis and not a pre composed one. As it's 3 spaced periods, I am going to say it is not a true pattern until I have someing to compare it too.

5. It's a danger code about something big. Most likely a bear. A set the pattern A, a, a. Bear is all caps in the 3 part. "BEAR" all caps physically big. This is also a future code not the descrptive text break. You starting to get the idea of how these work. Don't worry I'll keep going.

6. the ellipsis or Danced set the pattern there.

7. Almost a death code for the maid. But "the maid with honey" takes "Her Hair!" That's all verbal not a descriptive text break.

8. Not a death code, what word sets the pattern?

9. Again where are the quotation Marks, next to them will be the word that sets the pattern. These last two indicate near death for two characters. Important characters, note how "A Bear! A Bear! A Bear!" has 3 exclimation marks. and "Her hair. Her Hair! Her Hair!" Only two exclimation marks. Why do you think Martin did that if exclimation marks represent importance?

These were all great and I hope you understand better what I am talking about. The codes are all very specific, and when he alters them there is meaning to it. Thanks you so much for posting those. Though can we keep it down to no more than 4 or 5 at a time.

By the way I am pretty sure you can figure out what incident all those Bear codes refer to.

hahaha

I've had this bookmarked for a few days, meaning to go through it thoroughly, and every single time I've clicked on the link, you've revised...omg! From one to eight in only a few days! :D

I am in awe of your dedication, and will do my best to keep up in the future. I'm overjoyed that you've taken the time to figure out all the little nuances/speech patterns, for I haven't, and my re-reads of the books will be much more interesting now that you given a template of sorts...

Thank you!

:cheers:

Hahaha, thanks, it's not easy figuring out the little details, it's even harder explaining them. Doing my best thanks for following, you find a code you want help with or that you want to explain to people post it here, that would be great.

Yes Ser Creighton, I did see the reply you posted to me about the phrase Grant. It does make sense as well. Thank you!

Now having said that and in agreement with you I am still troubled by the foreshadowing associated with Alys. I did not post one other phrase Jon speaks to her..and it also is strong foreshadowing. Moreover, when I looked at Jon's conversation with her uncle in the ice cell..the italics caught my eye. Not a code but as you all know Martin writes parallel story lines between the stories in Essos with Dany, the story line in the south at KL, the story line among characters. What do I mean by that?

Grolio is the character associated with Davos. Both sea admirals but no fleet. Both family men who think and express that they want to go home to be with their famiy. Grolio becomes a hostage, so did Davos with Manderly. Grolio is killed and his head is tossed in front of Hizdar and his court. Manderly does almost the same thing but he uses a stand it for Davos to fool the Freys and get his son the hostage back. Barristan Selmy is so mad when he sees Grolio's head and he thinks how he would like to dance with Bloodbeard one day. So what has Martin done? He has two characters very similar; one dies Grolio but Davos still lives as far as we know. Robb, Jon, Jamie, similar. Robb died, Jon is confronted with similar situations as Robb but Jon's choices are different than Robb's and Jon is still alive. Many similar choices between Dany's story arch and Jons. Jon is making different choices than Dany and it seems to help him at least deal with the freed people (wildlings) a bit better than Dany's choices with the Astapori fleeing to Meereen.

For this reason, looking at Jeyne Poole, Alys Karstark, and our real Arya..I think Martin might kill off one of the two characters linked to the real Arya..Jeyne or Alys. I totally believe in the corn key but I also think phrases that foreshadow are other clues that I have chosen to include..hence my concern over Alys as a character.

When Jon speaks to the jerk in the ice cell he thinks that he should cut off his head and give it to Alys as a wedding present but he dare not. Sounds like Barristan Selmy thinking, Robb thinking..but Jon holds himself in check..however it would not surprise me one bit to see someone's head roll in front of Queen Selyse, Melisandre, or Axel Florent in the next book. I think we might see some type of similar situation at the Wall very similar to what is happening in Meereen. Dany is gone and there are factions playing against factions while she is out of comission. Could see something very similar happen at the Wall. I could see Night's Watch loyal to Jon and aligning with Wildlings against a group of NW who are loyal to someone else. Also Queen Selyse and her group..

Sorry this is long, just me musing aloud.

One thing I would also like to chime in about. I love what Ser Creighton wrote in the OP regarding why Martin would write a code in the books. We are the reader get to play the game of thrones with George and if we get it right, he gives us a cookie. Spot on Ser Creighton!

For years people on this forum have speculated what the words the raven speaks mean. I have seen quite a few threads with people discussing the words and going over and over them. Ser Creighton has discovered the true meaning of the words the raven speaks plus Hodor. The pattern works and I am in awe of his finding the code. Well done Ser Creighton !

He will code it if one of them is going to die. Go ahead and send me what Jon said to her. Foreshadowing is foreshadowing, I can't change that, but if they don't get a code their number isn't up. He will mark it just like he marked all the others. If it's future or present I don't know but they will get marked. And yes I am familiar with the parallels but the code is the code and the characters get one.

I'll throw my hat in the ring, tell me if I've gotten this proper, forgive me if this has been mentioned:

"Under the sea, men marry fishes." Patchface did a little dance step, jingling his bells. "They do, they do, they do."

Queen Selyse sniffed again. "Four marriages can be made as simply as three. It is past time that this woman Val was settled, Lord Snow. I have decided that she shall wed my good and leal knight, Ser Patrek of King's Mountain."

Ser Patrek's kill code?

"They do, they do, they do." Is a code now what kind of code do you think it is? Check the base three codes in the key, there are only 3 don't worry about the varients.

Once again, Ser Creighton, congrat. I have been reading this thread from the tart and it is amazing.

Something occurs to me with "Clever bird, clever man, clever fool." Perhaps Patchface is telling us about the codes. perhaps he is telling us which characters to focus on the decifer the code: Mormont's raven - the bird, Hodor - the man, and Pattchface - the fool. Although they are by no means the only ones to utter the codes, their words do jump off the page since they make no sense at first glance. and give us a hint that there may be something other than literal meaning behind them.

I wonder what this code means for Jaime after he received a letter from Cersei with 3 x "I love you".

Chapter please, seriously, I have got to see this.

Feast, chapter 44 (Jaime) right near the end.

Hey Ser C-- just wondering if you ever looked into this one? I've reread it several times recently and I'd be interested to know what you think. Sorry if you mentioned it and I somehow missed-- I have been following along but I have to admit I did not re-read all nineteen pages!

"They do, they do, they do." Is a code now what kind of code do you think it is? Check the base three codes in the key, there are only 3 don't worry about the varients.

Ah Ha! now I see. It is a danger code, Selyse is making a choice to marry Val to Ser Patrek. Thank you for this, I'm having so much fun learning to read the codes :cheers:

How long did it take you to find out about this code ser creighton?

The pattern took me a day to find. Understanding the pattern and use of punctuation and all the nuances took me about 4 days for the basics, 6 for most of the little tweeks, and I am now ironing out the wrinkles. I mostly use cross comparison to identify the patterns and use of the punctuation. Right nowI am still working on the little stuff, but I have most of it. The more codes I find the easier it gets.

It's not all that hard once you get used to it and realize they are puzzles. I try never to leave the code or speculate. Once I have a pattern at least 3 times, I investigate it. But I write down all the patterns for comparison. The thing is each use of the patterns is always repeated several times and always the same way for the same reason. Each with it's own meaning. The little tweeks he uses are almost always clues, and he throws a lot of faints in there but even then the faints have a pattern. They are always the same. It's not really about words as the words at best are clues. It's always about the form of the pattern.

And honestly I don't know why I am good at spotting them. I just wish I was better at explaining them. But how do you explain a jigsaw puzzle and all the unique pieces verbally. I wish I had a class room I could sit down in and show people and make it a little easier for them.

If there is one weakness to this, it's that I am not good enough at explaining it and I wish I knew some puzzle wizard person who was better at explaining this stuff. A friend of mine is a cryptologist, or was I should say, and he is having a blast with these. But even he thinks they can be a little complex. He slept through calc 3 and still aced it. I thought about asking him for help explaining it but I don't understand half of what he says.

Thanks for posting and if you find the any codes feel free to post them and I will do my best to show how it works.

Ah Ha! now I see. It is a danger code, Selyse is making a choice to marry Val to Ser Patrek. Thank you for this, I'm having so much fun learning to read the codes :cheers:

:) You just made my day. You got it just right. It is a danger code, or as I like to think of it a whisper of danger. It's tough, you start out small work your way up and boom in no time you will be looking at these and knowing what they are in your sleep. Way to go.

The pattern took me a day to find. Understanding the pattern and use of punctuation and all the nuances took me about 4 days for the basics, 6 for most of the little tweeks, and I am now ironing out the wrinkles. I mostly use cross comparison to identify the patterns and use of the punctuation. Right nowI am still working on the little stuff, but I have most of it. The more codes I find the easier it gets.

It's not all that hard once you get used to it and realize they are puzzles. I try never to leave the code or speculate. Once I have a pattern at least 3 times, I investigate it. But I write down all the patterns for comparison. The thing is each use of the patterns is always repeated several times and always the same way for the same reason. Each with it's own meaning. The little tweeks he uses are almost always clues, and he throws a lot of faints in there but even then the faints have a pattern. They are always the same. It's not really about words as the words at best are clues. It's always about the form of the pattern.

And honestly I don't know why I am good at spotting them. I just wish I was better at explaining them. But how do you explain a jigsaw puzzle and all the unique pieces verbally. I wish I had a class room I could sit down in and show people and make it a little easier for them.

If there is one weakness to this, it's that I am not good enough at explaining it and I wish I knew some puzzle wizard person who was better at explaining this stuff. A friend of mine is a cryptologist, or was I should say, and he is having a blast with these. But even he thinks they can be a little complex. He slept through calc 3 and still aced it. I thought about asking him for help explaining it but I don't understand half of what he says.

Thanks for posting and if you find the any codes feel free to post them and I will do my best to show how it works.

I think you're doing an excellent job of explaining it. It is hard going at first, but the more practice the easier it gets. I think people need to start out trying to find the patterns and then checking to see if they can get it right. After that, move onto interpreting the more easily spotted kill code. I've been talking to a linguistics colleague about this and he is having too much fun with these. If you'd like, I'll see if I can get him to join here so you two can talk. I've found a couple other codes I'll post tomorrow and see if I interpreted them correctly. It came pretty easy to me, but I'm used to spotting patterns while working on translations.

you have done a very good job explaining it. however i think you need a beginners guide that focuses only on the kill codes, perhaps even only the in the moment kill codes. people who don't understand are more likely to simply dismiss it, so focusing on getting the simple kill codes might help them understand. once you get that you will be drawn in and more apt to put time into learning the rest

I think you're doing an excellent job of explaining it. It is hard going at first, but the more practice the easier it gets. I think people need to start out trying to find the patterns and then checking to see if they can get it right. After that, move onto interpreting the more easily spotted kill code. I've been talking to a linguistics colleague about this and he is having too much fun with these. If you'd like, I'll see if I can get him to join here so you two can talk. I've found a couple other codes I'll post tomorrow and see if I interpreted them correctly. It came pretty easy to me, but I'm used to spotting patterns while working on translations.

That would be amazing, any and all help is welcome. Thank you so much.

Hey Ser C-- just wondering if you ever looked into this one? I've reread it several times recently and I'd be interested to know what you think. Sorry if you mentioned it and I somehow missed-- I have been following along but I have to admit I did not re-read all nineteen pages!

Yeah I did talk about it but I have gotten better at reading the code sense then. And I more than happy to help you. I love you. I love you. I love you. It's a 3 pattern and looks like a death code but note the italics (look cearfully that's what they mean) and lack of quotation marks. This is teasing, this is why I call them puzzle games. It's a fake code. :)

Archived