Corn Code Revision 8. The Game of Thrones exposed.

Ser Creighton

Funny you mentioned that one. That is on my list of ones to look at. After just a cursory look at the last page where that code is. It does not indicate the death of Stannis. It isn't in the future pattern.

As for us Stanfans we're well aware he is a doomed character. ;)

If anyone wants to post the book I will go over it again.

If it's from Swords, the code looks like this "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

First it's in the moment.

It is a death code. So death is a big part of this.

All exclamation marks, so a big event.

Stannis is named.

The last Stannis is all caps "STANNIS!"

2 things. First you don't need to be clever if a subject is named and second the all caps. So what is this?

It's the arrival of Stannis and the battle of the wall. Remember all caps signifies big, like literally big. It's a clue.

So Stannis, major battle, lots of death, and something big. The wall, perhaps the giant that was killed. Stannis is not a short man but is far from big. It's Stannis's charge at the battle of the wall.

If it's from Swords, the code looks like this "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

First it's in the moment.

It is a death code. So death is a big part of this.

All exclamation marks, so a big event.

Stannis is named.

The last Stannis is all caps "STANNIS!"

2 things. First you don't need to be clever if a subject is named and second the all caps. So what is this?

It's the arrival of Stannis and the battle of the wall. Remember all caps signifies big, like literally big. It's a clue.

So Stannis, major battle, lots of death, and something big. The wall, perhaps the giant that was killed. Stannis is not a short man but is far from big. It's Stannis's charge at the battle of the wall.

I've been pounding my head against the wall trying to figure this one out. And...I was trying to be too clever. DAMN YOU MARTIN!!

I've been pounding my head against the wall trying to figure this one out. And...I was trying to be too clever. DAMN YOU MARTIN!!

Don't sweat it, took me forever to figure out all Caps literally means big, and that it was not always the name in the code but that the name is just associated with the puzzle.

I think he does use them for that, but I also, think he has made a game out of it. I think it is a current useful tool for him but he knows it has long term it has "I told you so' written all over it." So he has a lot of them written like puzzles, especially the latter ones. I go by his philosophy that it's not all black or white or this or that.

I really do need to get back to reading the codes and they are so hard to explain unless you get used to them. Some take me seconds and some are more subtle, no be good and lay off the Margs till the weekend. Did I ever tell you I bartended. Don't you dear waste good tequila on a Margarita, and the next time you make a Long Island flash it first. And no get your mind out of the gutter. Mix everything but the gin and ice in a blender, just a flash, then when it settles add the gin poor into a shake tin, a couple of quick pops, poor over ice. The flashing kills the bubbles and mixes the alchol together with the sour. Gin is to sensative so that's where the shake tin comes in.

Yes, he would need some "marker" to help remind him about the next cycle.

He started writing this before PC's were widely used, or the internet even invented, so "posty" notes are still his "friends."

As far as motive?

There is more than a little "imp" and Tyrion in him, so I think making the story interactive on that level pleases him.

Ok time to work a puzzle. And people, ladies in particular excuse the language I didn't write this.

Cunt! He roard each time he struck at her, his spittle dampening her cheeks. "Cunt! Cunt!

The C word should be in italics but for some odd reason my Key board is acting up. That is from Dance chapter 26 The Wayward bride. We went over it briefly before. But after the italics discovery, the answer we came up with is not right. This is not Asha's kill code.

It's a future code.

It's is a death code.

It is a significant event.

A few problems exist. One Asha does not warrent this code, it's to big, she just has not had all that many chapters that she is on par with the likes of Ned, Jon, Dany, Tyrion in terms of significance to the books. Two she is the only obvious choice there. Not everything is what it seems with Italics. She is to obvious. That does not mean she will not die in the future, but this is not her code.

Clues. The scene is a minor battle. It is a future code. The C word itself, golden wood, red burning hearts, black Stag with flaming antlers, and possibly trumpet. I don't think it is Stannis but tied to him. This may be a battle. A future battle involving Stannis and fire. Golden Wood? It's not Asha though, no point to the italics.

The use of "you bloody c word."

Asha has something to do with this code. So the up coming battle with Ramsey's forces. Maybe she kills Ram during the battle. Or they both die, not sure but this is not just about her.

ETA The use of the C word stands out to me the most, here, it's very personal and cruel and Ram has been known to use it. Given all his transgressions against women, torture, hunting, rape, murder, skinning, them being his favorite target. I don't think Martin would put that on Asha, no I think this is his code and Asha is going to do him during some battle.

In the same chapter Asha refers to her girl part, and then mentions Ram. So I am gonna go ahead and say she is going to off his ass. Will she survive the encounter? I think at least for the chapter it occurs in. Paybacks a throwing axe scum bag.

Hello guys.

First of all, just wow *_* You, Ser Creighton, are fuckin good. This theory is awesome and i am eager to get back at the books ( what i can't do now -_-") to check some chapters !

Then, i didn't see it discussed here (but i may be wrong) is this sentence :

"She's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and probably Moon Boy for all I know." I know it doesn't fit the pattern at all, but this sentence is very important to Jaime and there are 3 people named in it and it is very present in Jaime's POV.

Another thing that made me think of it is the future for Osmund (Kevan wanted to send him to the Wall or make him fight Robert Strong, but now he is dead so ....) and Lancel ( if he does champion the Faith, well I don't see him winning). The next thing is about Moon Boy : the Red Keep fool : even Sansa understand that is more than a fool, it is also said he is Varys' spy by Dontos, but that is not that reliable.

But what I think is the real subject of this sentence is Cersei because Jaime thinks about her when this sentence appears.

I know it is maybe bullshit but I guess you could see something deeper than I do.

Cheers man !

Sorry for bad grammar and all, I'm french !

Hello guys.

First of all, just wow *_* You, Ser Creighton, are fuckin good. This theory is awesome and i am eager to get back at the books ( what i can't do now -_-") to check some chapters !

Then, i didn't see it discussed here (but i may be wrong) is this sentence :

"She's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and probably Moon Boy for all I know." I know it doesn't fit the pattern at all, but this sentence is very important to Jaime and there are 3 people named in it and it is very present in Jaime's POV.

Another thing that made me think of it is the future for Osmund (Kevan wanted to send him to the Wall or make him fight Robert Strong, but now he is dead so ....) and Lancel ( if he does champion the Faith, well I don't see him winning). The next thing is about Moon Boy : the Red Keep fool : even Sansa understand that is more than a fool, it is also said he is Varys' spy by Dontos, but that is not that reliable.

But what I think is the real subject of this sentence is Cersei because Jaime thinks about her when this sentence appears.

I know it is maybe bullshit but I guess you could see something deeper than I do.

Cheers man !

Sorry for bad grammar and all, I'm french !

ca va? Welocome au forum.

I am afraid your english is far better than my french. As to your post, yes clues are all over the books, the puzzle codes are like a bonus, learn to translate them and you get an extra clue, usually a pretty good one.

Merci pour l'affichage, et ont un grand jour.

Like I said your your english is way better than my french. If you find a puzzle and have any questions, let me know.

Yeah I did talk about it but I have gotten better at reading the code sense then. And I more than happy to help you. I love you. I love you. I love you. It's a 3 pattern and looks like a death code but note the italics (look cearfully that's what they mean) and lack of quotation marks. This is teasing, this is why I call them puzzle games. It's a fake code. :)

ahh, thanks! I knew the italics meant pay attention, but I missed the (lack of) quotation marks. So Jaime and Cersei are safe? (for now...)

Btw- When I first read your response I took in the second and third sentences first. Re-read it-- I momentarily forgot the text we were talking about and thought you were giving me a very enthusiastic reply :leer:

ahh, thanks! I knew the italics meant pay attention, but I missed the (lack of) quotation marks. So Jaime and Cersei are safe? (for now...)

Btw- When I first read your response I took in the second and third sentences first. Re-read it-- I momentarily forgot the text we were talking about and thought you were giving me a very enthusiastic reply :leer:

Ha, Gwyen is always getting herself in trouble, old Lance never stood a chance. It's funny cause after I wrote it, I was like you know that could misconstrued if the wrong person reads it. So I left it, cause if I can't get a made you look what fun would it be.

This is really brilliant, Ser Creighton. And you have prompted a new re-read, which I was trying to hold off on for a while in the interest of, I don't know, reading anything besides ASOIAF for a change or maybe not having dreams about the series. <sigh>

Seriously, well done. :bowdown:

This is really brilliant, Ser Creighton. And you have prompted a new re-read, which I was trying to hold off on for a while in the interest of, I don't know, reading anything besides ASOIAF for a change or maybe not having dreams about the series. <sigh>

Seriously, well done. :bowdown:

Ha, thanks so much, and thank you for reading. The puzzle codes can be a little tricky at first, so if you have any questions let me know and I will be glad to help.

I have been getting a lot of questions about a code in Arya's first or second chapter of Thrones. "Arya, Arya, Arya," it's actually a false code. One of three I know of, so you or anyone else can blow by it. There is what appears to be a code breaker within a page of that and the other two. The name or word in the code is always questioned verbally, "Arya?"

There are two in Thrones and one in dance that I know of and all have the same pattern. It will be the only time in the chapter the word in the code is questioned and it's within a page or two of the code, usually closer. These seem very rare so don't worry much about running across them.

Again thanks for reading and have fun.

ca va? Welocome au forum.

I am afraid your english is far better than my french. As to your post, yes clues are all over the books, the puzzle codes are like a bonus, learn to translate them and you get an extra clue, usually a pretty good one.

Merci pour l'affichage, et ont un grand jour.

Like I said your your english is way better than my french. If you find a puzzle and have any questions, let me know.

Well that's right i didn't wirte any questions down ...

So my question is : Can we see the sentence : "She's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and probably Moon Boy for all I know." as a certain kind of a pattern ?

This puzzled me because there is no punctuation besides the final ".".

BUT if we consider "and" as a form of punctuation it could work because grammatically the "and" repetition isn't correct but it is a figure of speech ( am I right on this ?).

That raises another question, did you notice some others uses of the "and" as a punctuation ?

Do you share my point when i am saying that sentence points to Cersei ?

Tell me if i am not clear, i will try to clear things up !

PS : You only need one sentence in French and that's : "Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir ?"

Well that's right i didn't wirte any questions down ...

So my question is : Can we see the sentence : "She's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and probably Moon Boy for all I know." as a certain kind of a pattern ?

This puzzled me because there is no punctuation besides the final ".".

BUT if we consider "and" as a form of punctuation it could work because grammatically the "and" repetition isn't correct but it is a figure of speech ( am I right on this ?).

That raises another question, did you notice some others uses of the "and" as a punctuation ?

Do you share my point when i am saying that sentence points to Cersei ?

Tell me if i am not clear, i will try to clear things up !

PS : You only need one sentence in French and that's : "Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir ?"

Both Jaime and Arya use this pattern. You may have seen us discuss mnemonics, and memonic devices in the thread. Well this is a form of that, but rather than for the author, the device is for the characters and the readers. Even with the use of and the author should be using comma's there. But he has removed them intentionally to create a rythem. He doesn't want the pattern broken, it's like a chant.

This is basically done ot show the character memorizing the names or that perhaps the names are stuck in there head and they can't get them out.

Is it a puzzle? I don't think so as the statment tells you basically what it is about. There is nothing really to solve. Would Jaime like to kill these men? It would seem so. Is his focus on Cersei? Yes. Is he upset? Yes. It's all implied in the statement and passage.

The puzzle codes are not defined so much by words as they are the actual pattern, form, and puntuation. I am about to post a code in a bit and you can look at it and see the difference.

PS: Ha, Yeah, I am not saying that to the butcher, the waiter, or the dude parking my car.

Archived