What Are You Listening To? Version X: Loud and Proud

Alex.

There are two post-Staley Alice in Chains albums, Black Gives Way To Blue and The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here. Both are good but I think Black... is the better of the two.

Agreed, Black... is excellent and on par with the Layne albums.

In the mood for some classic Judas Priest this afternoon a la Stained Class.

Man, My Aim Is True is just ridiculously good.

Are you a Spotify user? If so, check out Live at the El Mocombo (1978) - blistering set of songs from MAIT & This Year's Model. It was available in the Rykodisc box set of the first 3 albums, I'm not sure if was ever released separately. Awesome.

Are you a Spotify user? If so, check out Live at the El Mocombo (1978) - blistering set of songs from MAIT & This Year's Model. It was available in the Rykodisc box set of the first 3 albums, I'm not sure if was ever released separately. Awesome.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

The Last Shadow Puppets they really need a new album Alex and Miles work so well together

I love Alex Tuner as much as you, but Miles Kane can fuck the fuck off. He is the last link to their old mindset.

I guess I'm getting to a weird stage in life because I'm listening to Mumford and Sons even more.

To be clear, I don't love all of it. But the opening three tracks on their debut are staggeringly good. Little Lion Man is overrated and just OK though.

Man, I have a nagging feeling that my parents would like this music. Me delusions of coolness are fading exceedingly quickly.

Heh, aren't M&S the height of hipsterness? I think you liking them makes you more cool.

I too like a few songs from their debut, and that's it. I don't quite see what the fuss is.

I love Alex Tuner as much as you, but Miles Kane can fuck the fuck off. He is the last link to their old mindset.

But you'd be breaking up the bromance the guy love, Batman&Robin,Turk&JD

Also Triskele if it makes you feel better i'm 18 and i love M&S so i wouldn't say it's an age thing although i do love a lot of music from the 70s&80s. I do think that most of the hype about them is more to do with their live performances rather than the songs themselves it's the energy of Springsteen mixed with plenty of alcohol and odd banter so whats not to love

I got the new Manic Street Preachers album,

. I think it might challenge Lifeblood for being their mellowest and most reflective album, they've certainly come a long way from Generation Terrorists or The Holy Bible. I'm not sure I'd put it among their best albums, but it seems reasonably good so far.

Anyone listened to new Pixies tracks? New Pixies tracks - how strange that sounds! I am listening to it now and I like it a lot, though it's hard to imagine them on stage without Kim.

Regular album would be something.

New Pixies tracks!!?? Oh my god, I have to listen to that!

Archived