What Characters Do You Think Got What They Diserved?

Arthur Dayne's Honor

So if Theon deserved what he got, did Cersei deserve the walk. Her crimes are 1000 times worse and what she went through was a walk in the park in comparison

well, I'd say she deserves it. Her worst crime is arguably ordering all those bastard children murdered. She'd deserve what she got just for that. I mean, it's humiliating. But, it's not as bad as what could happen to her for what she's done.

well, I'd say she deserves it. Her worst crime is arguably ordering all those bastard children murdered. She'd deserve what she got just for that. I mean, it's humiliating. But, it's not as bad as what could happen to her for what she's done.

I don't agree with RandSedai's comparison of Theon and Cersei's situations, but I do defend Cersei on just this point. The Faith made her do the walk because of her 'fornications' something that shouldn't be a crime. I hate the Faith so I find her walk despicable... Its a noose or a guillotine I want for Cersei. That she does deserve.

Do we have an indication that Theon actually pledged his fealty to Robb? I assumed him did. I can't imagine he wouldn't, but maybe Robb just assumed his loyalty. Also, I don't understand Theon's loyalty to his family who he hadn't really grown up with, especially later when he recalls to himself that he really did just want to be a Stark.

He likely didn't seeing how he was still expecting to be the future lord/king of the Iron Islands thus it wouldn't be logic for him to submit himself under Robb's rule as that would negate any perceived independence for the Iron Islands.

There is this whole thing about how cursed kinslayers are thus it is absurd that Theon would turn his cloak against his kin to fight for a side where he has absolute in position within their society. Especially, seeing how he does possibly have a future with the Ironborn whereas he would have nothing besides Robb's charity if he sided with the North.

I don't agree with RandSedai's comparison of Theon and Cersei's situations, but I do defend Cersei on just this point. The Faith made her do the walk because of her 'fornications' something that shouldn't be a crime. I hate the Faith so I find her walk despicable... Its a noose or a guillotine I want for Cersei. That she does deserve.

How is the faith punishing her for 'fornications' worse then Ramsay punishing Theon for amusement?

How is the faith punishing her for 'fornications' worse then Ramsay punishing Theon for amusement?

Its sexist. "You fucked the Kettleback guy we have, and for that you must be punished!"

Its not justice, but they're saying its justice. The Faith and the Sparrows are a group of supremacists.

Whereas Theon did horrible things and made horrible decisions that led him right into Ramsay's dungeon. Its definitely not justice, but Ramsay isn't claiming it is.

Theon. His chapters as Reek are painful to read just because of how disturbing they are, but I don't feel sorry for him.

There is no way that Theon got what he deserved! Ramsay deserves what he did to Theon times 10! Theon is one of my favorite characters now.

Ill say that Dany having all of Essos declaring war on her is what she deserves. Sure her intentions were nobel, but they werent realistic and the hard truth is coming clear for her now. And her not being able to control her dragons is what she deserves for chaning them up! And the Targaryan madness shes begining to show she deserves for her arrogance about 'being a dragon' and her inablity to see the hard truth about her father.

For getting her swerve on.

No. The High Septon has known about Lancel's confession for a long time. Cersei was arrested because the HS found out Cersei had her predeccesor murdered. I mean she had an innocent man tortured and tried to have her stepdaughter executed. She made mistakes and is paying for them

Its sexist. "You fucked the Kettleback guy we have, and for that you must be punished!"

Its not justice, but they're saying its justice. The Faith and the Sparrows are a group of supremacists.

Whereas Theon did horrible things and made horrible decisions that led him right into Ramsay's dungeon. Its definitely not justice, but Ramsay isn't claiming it is.

Cersei has done more horrible things and decisions that equally placed her in the hands of the High Sparrow, such as her killing the previous High Septon and rearming the faith.

No. The High Septon has known about Lancel's confession for a long time. Cersei was arrested because the HS found out Cersei had her predeccesor murdered. I mean she had an innocent man tortured and tried to have her stepdaughter executed. She made mistakes and is paying for them

Cersei has done more horrible things and decisions that equally placed her in the hands of the High Sparrow, such as her killing the previous High Septon and rearming the faith.

The penance walk itself was not about those things though. This is evident by that \Septa with the dry maidenhead (love when Cersei thinks this) shouting out "the sinner has committed fornications!"

The penance walk itself was not about those things though. This is evident by that \Septa with the dry maidenhead (love when Cersei thinks this) shouting out "the sinner has committed fornications!"

and what theon went through was not about the millers boys or his betrayal.

...she lost her direwolf because she lied in court about Arya and Joff.

Not really, she lost her direwolf because Cersei had already decided that one of the wolves must be killed for attacking Joffrey. There wasn't much that she could have said to make Cersei change her mind, and they would have simply called her a liar if she did actually speak up, and the wolf would end up dead anyway.

But I actually think that Sansa's decision to stay silent or to claim that she didn't remember was the right one in that situation. By not confirming any of the two stories that Robert had heard she gave him a way to dismiss the case without anyone being severely punished. She gave him a way out and he took it at first when he decided that Ned was to discipline his daughter and he would do the same with Joffrey. That was the best outcome anyone could have hoped for IMO. What happened after that can only be blamed on Cersei, and no one else.

Archived