What do other StanStans think about Melisandre?

Sansa_Stark

I think she's been useful thus far, but it's getting/gotten to the point where Stan should keep her at a distance.

It's thanks to her Stannis knows about the Others and has accepted the threat they pose, that he was able to arrive in time to save the Wall, and is now in a position to oppose them. Her magic in the fight against the Others is also probably going to be useful, so having her around the Wall isn't a bad thing.

But in matters of the Iron Throne, her influence should be nil. She forces conversions and desecrates other religious objects whenever Stannis allows her, and she's happy to use whatever loophole she can to get her own way (like having Selyse order the burnings of those prisoners whilst Stan was away). Fortunately Stannis seems to be on the same line of thought, keeping her at the Wall and minimising the influence of R'hllorism within his army.

I think she's been useful thus far, but it's getting/gotten to the point where Stan should keep her at a distance.

It's thanks to her Stannis knows about the Others and has accepted the threat they pose, that he was able to arrive in time to save the Wall, and is now in a position to oppose them. Her magic in the fight against the Others is also probably going to be useful, so having her around the Wall isn't a bad thing.

But in matters of the Iron Throne, her influence should be nil. She forces conversions and desecrates other religious objects whenever Stannis allows her, and she's happy to use whatever loophole she can to get her own way (like having Selyse order the burnings of those prisoners whilst Stan was away). Fortunately Stannis seems to be on the same line of thought, keeping her at the Wall and minimising the influence of R'hllorism within his army.

I agree.

Mel will drop poor Stannis like a hot potato as soon as she figures out that AA is much more likely to be Jon than Stan. It looks like Rhlorr is really trying hard to tell Mel that AA is Jon, when she's praying for guidance to Rhlorr in the matter of AA and getting visions of snow (either actual snow or Jon Snow, can't remember, but it was in DANCE OF DRAGONS I think).

I like to apply the Kings men and Queens men factions to the Stannis Fans and use it to more or less structure everyone.

King Men being those Stan-Man supporters who chiefly Support Stannis but are against Rhillor and Mel and love Davos

And Queens Men are those that follow/like Rhillor and love Mel or love her magic and sacrifices

But while looking at every other Houses and Factions like Roose who has Freys or the Lannister tolerating Jofferey, I'm just glad we have Mel on our side!

Archived