Fat Walda cast + other casting news

Pinkie Baelish

So apparently we will see Fat Walda next season. She'll be played by Elizabeth Webster. Lu Corfield will be playing a madame of the Mole's Town brothel, since it obviously wouldn't be GOT without some nudity being shoehorned in. This does mean that we could be seeing Satin in the future, though. I'm glad Walda has been cast, as it leaves room for Bolton scenes that could flesh out Roose and even Ramsay more.

And here's a surprising tidbit of info from that article: Locke seems to be joining the Night's Watch next season. This has potential, adaptation be damned. Noah Taylor did a good job last season, and could prove to be a good antagonist to Jon in the future.

I love this phrase :D

As for the news, glad to see a Fat Walda. About Locke, I'll try to keep an open mind about what they plan for him.

Heh, no pun intended.

I'm probably wrong about Locke joining the NW though. Taylor could simply be filming in the same location as the NW guys. I've seen the idea that he'll be hunting Bran and Rickon with Ramsay. If that's true, I like it. He could be distanced from the hunting party and captured by some Manderlys. That allows him to be the substitute for Wex Pyke in season 5(and in all honesty, if he's captured by Manderly, it's still more plausible than Wex tracking Rickon all the way to Skagos).

Rebel Wilson would be the perfect Fat Walda but alas she has her own show right now.

It was mentioned in another thread, but it would be hilarious if Locke was sent to the Wall and actually becomes friendly with Jon, on account of Jon being a bastard who rose to Lord Commander. A Donal Noyce sub or something. I doubt Jon would care he lopped off Jaime Lannister's hand.

Still, I think there's a bit of overlap now with Vale filming locations and certain Night's Watch locations. Brienne and Pod will be in the Vale, so it might be they cross paths with Locke, a la Bloody Mummers.

Rebel Wilson would be the perfect Fat Walda but alas she has her own show right now.

It was mentioned in another thread, but it would be hilarious if Locke was sent to the Wall and actually becomes friendly with Jon, on account of Jon being a bastard who rose to Lord Commander. A Donal Noyce sub or something. I doubt Jon would care he lopped off Jaime Lannister's hand.

Still, I think there's a bit of overlap now with Vale filming locations and certain Night's Watch locations. Brienne and Pod will be in the Vale, so it might be they cross paths with Locke, a la Bloody Mummers.

That would be awesome, especially if Locke talks to Jon about Ramsay, setting up the clash of the bastards we (almost) see in ADWD.

D&D: "Wait, there was a brothel near the Wall this whole time?"

:rofl: :smileysex:

lot of nudity aside...i think the madame might become a powerful female character in the battle on the wall...till Mel,Val etc show up....She could interact and develop Gilly..now that Sam and her are at the wall already.

Locke seemed like a decent enough guy who just harbored a lot of resentment towards nobles. Especially nobles with a sense of entitlement. Therefore, I don't see him hooking up with Janos Slynt of all people. A Bowen Marsh substitute would make more sense.

I think Locke going to the Wall and becoming someone close to Jon would be cool, with him becoming sympathetic. It kinda fits the whole thing of seemingly evil/bad characters becoming more sympathetic once we get to know them (e.g. Jamie).

Locke seemed like a decent enough guy who just harbored a lot of resentment towards nobles. Especially nobles with a sense of entitlement. Therefore, I don't see him hooking up with Janos Slynt of all people. A Bowen Marsh substitute would make more sense.

I vaguely remember him trying to feed a young woman to a bear. I think he derives an unwholesome level of pleasure in violence though honestly I think his resentment towards nobles is fairly reasonable given the context. I'm glad to see that he's returning though, he seems like a good antagonist character and the actor who plays him his great. Leagues above the generic cutthroat that he could have been.

D&D: "Wait, there was a brothel near the Wall this whole time?"

Har!

I think Locke going to the Wall and becoming someone close to Jon would be cool, with him becoming sympathetic. It kinda fits the whole thing of seemingly evil/bad characters becoming more sympathetic once we get to know them (e.g. Jamie).

This is what they should do. It makes zero sense for someone who hated the Lannisters as much as Locke did for him to go and betray Jon. If anything, Locke would sympatize with Jon. I really hope the writers don't screw this up. By merely viewing Locke in a black and white manner, they are doing a disservice to viewers.

This is what they should do. It makes zero sense for someone who hated the Lannisters as much as Locke did for him to go and betray Jon. If anything, Locke would sympatize with Jon. I really hope the writers don't screw this up. By merely viewing Locke in a black and white manner, they are doing a disservice to viewers.

Loras Tyrell hated Lannisters yet look where Highgarden's allegiance stands. Locke doesn't need to like Jon if he hates Lannisters. Also how are they screwing anything up that hasn't ever happened?...Locke doesn't need to be sympathetic if the character isn't meant to be sympathetic. This is like reading aCoK and saying hey I hope this Ramsay character ends up being a cool guy to Robb, don't screw it up GRRM!

Locke is a brute, utterly merciless and dishonorable. There is literally no reason for Jon to befriend him. They would have to flip the character completely which would just be odd since someone who makes a man drink horse piss and tries to rape and then kill a woman isn't ever going to become Jon's buddy.

I don't think they'll send Locke to the Wall. That change would be too big IMO.

I think they will show the Mountain take back Harrenhal, cleaving some dudes and doing some badass battle scenes to build him up as a dangerous fighter. After that they'll show him torturing the caputered Locke to also build him up as a sadistic bunghole I think. Would make sense at least. They need to build the Mountain up for the fight, and sending to Locke to the Wall would be too big of a difference with the books IMO

Archived